• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Valiant Comics - Please Help??

13 posts in this topic

I am not sure if I should post this here or on the Modern Forums, but any way here is my question! I am very interested in obtaining the Super Mario Bros. #1 and Link: Legend of Zelda #1 Valiant Comics in 9.8 condition! They were both published around 1990. My question is are these comics that hard to find in MINT condition (9.8). If anyone could help, I greatly appreciate it!

I am not sure if I should post this here or on the Modern Forums, but any way here is my question! I am very interested in obtaining the Super Mario Bros. #1 and Link: Legend of Zelda #1 Valiant Comics in 9.8 condition! They were both published around 1990. My question is are these comics that hard to find in MINT condition (9.8). If anyone could help, I greatly appreciate it!

There has only been one CGC graded copy of these books to date.

Print runs were reportedly high (perhaps 200,000 copies each), but they were

primarily distributed through shops like Toys R Us in 1990.

A smaller amount were sold to comic book retailers.

Given the print run, it should not be difficult to locate high grade copies of these books,

however, it is currently impossible to obtain them already CGC graded as 9.8.

With only one copy graded (and it being below 9.8 in each case), there

simply aren't any "out there" yet.

Well, they may be out there after all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60213&item=6534707453&rd=1

This one doesn't appear on the CGC census...

so it must have been graded in the past two weeks.

Well, they may be out there after all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60213&item=6534707453&rd=1

This one doesn't appear on the CGC census...

so it must have been graded in the past two weeks.

I know the census was updated on the 10th. But not all books up to that date are in it. I got books graded a couple of weeks before the census update and they haven't been listed in it yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif