• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero for Hire #1 CGC 9.4

109 posts in this topic

well, there's only 1 warlord #1 slabbed at 9.8, so it's not exactly common ... the last one up went for five figures, didn't it? and given how common the book is in general, only 11 9.6s doesn't seem like a lot either, even if submissions are skewed down by it not being a particularly expensive book

well, there's only 1 warlord #1 slabbed at 9.8, so it's not exactly common ...

But is 9.8 the cut-off for "high grade"? If so, then virtually any Bronze book would be considered rare in that condition.

I'm just saying that there are a lot of 9.2-9.6 copies of Warlord 1 floating around (what I consider high-grade for a mid-70's book), and far more than Hero for Hire 1. It just happens that the HFH copies sell for a premium in even 9.2 condition while the Warlord 9.2-9.4 books are tough to sell encased, so they sell better raw.

Heh heh, last time I said 9.4 was high grade somebody jumped all over me here. I guess you can't please them all.

Anyway, the opinion of the other posters around here was HFH 1 was tough to get in high grade, whatever that is. We're still talking like what, 10-15 copies of either book in 9.6 or better? relative to other semi-expensive BA books is that common or uncommon?

I'm just saying that you obviously cannot compare the two. There are far more NM or higher copies of Warlord #1 out there, but since it is worth far less than HFH #1, those submissions are a 9.6 to 9.8 game.

In fact, I don't think you can even sell a copy of Warlord #1 in less than NM- or so. I see them all the time at VF to VF/NM for a few bucks with no takers.

Try listing an accurately graded VF/NM copy of HFH 1 and watch the bids fly.

true enough. funny how people will throw hundreds or even thousands at something in 9.6 and above and there may be little interest in 9.0 and below.

sort of sad how a series can go 133 issues and nobody cares about it now. i'll buy the first 10-12 issues when I see them in bargain bins, and maybe the last issue, but that's about it.

i guess the prospects of a HFH movie are far more likely than a warlord movie!

incredible! $50 for a copy that is in the VG range!!!!!!!!

and I thought I was overpaying when I bought a fine for $10.

I MUST go dig up my copies of this book!!!

so I guess a real raw 9.2 with a scan that backs it up goes for what, $400?

That is insane. GPA for graded copies in 9.4 - $447. I will say this about the seller though, I bought a TOD #1 from him a while back that he had graded at 9.4 and it came back a CGC 9.4. People know his grading is accurate, but if the buyer is looking to slab it, what a risk at that price.

That is insane. GPA for graded copies in 9.4 - $447. I will say this about the seller though, I bought a TOD #1 from him a while back that he had graded at 9.4 and it came back a CGC 9.4. People know his grading is accurate, but if the buyer is looking to slab it, what a risk at that price.

A 9.4 sold on ComicLink recently in the 600 range and a 9.6 for around 1200. screwy.gif

maybe buyers think it'll be a 9.6?

maybe in e-mails he's "guaranteed" at least a cgc 9.4.

looks like it ought to get the 9.4.

any little stress does show up on that black cover, so HG is tough.

Maybe....... confused-smiley-013.gif

That's a lot of coin to spend on a hunch... insane.gif

Jim

Directed to no one in particuar...

Believe it or not... like the series or not... That 9.6 was way underpriced in relation to demand and previous private 9.6 sales. 9.6's will sell for $1600-$1800+ to those specifically looking for it in that grade. I wish i would have come across it first. On eBay it would have done better than the sales price for sure. Privately, even better.