• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero for Hire #1 CGC 9.4

109 posts in this topic

That's the one I was talking about Steve... that Greggy mentioned was nuts at $1200. Not quite. I know we both would have nabbed that quickly if we stumbled across it first. Sullypyton has the honor of obtaining that gem on the cheap.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if 9.6's continue to sell for as much as $1600-$1800 5 yrs down the road. I see more 9.4s & higher surfacing of this 1st issue of a 3rd tier title/character. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who knows what anything will sell for in 5 years BOC... I don't pretend to.

I'd bet that HFH (and other black cover keys) will fare better in that respect than many other keys.

You may have seen more 9.4's in the past year or two, but where have you seen a 9.6 for sale until this copy on CL that was snatched up pretty quickly? Obviously, the only 9.8 did breifly (Beltan sold to me, and I to one of my customers) if that's what you are recalling.... but no 9.6's in quite some time available publicly otherwise.

Also.. 3rd tier... maybe... I'm thinking 2nd especially considering his place in modern comics. Appearances in Alias and relationship with Jessica Jones and now a member of the New Avengers.

That's the one I was talking about Steve... that Greggy mentioned was nuts at $1200. Not quite. I know we both would have nabbed that quickly if we stumbled across it first. Sullypyton has the honor of obtaining that gem on the cheap.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if 9.6's continue to sell for as much as $1600-$1800 5 yrs down the road. I see more 9.4s & higher surfacing of this 1st issue of a 3rd tier title/character. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who knows what anything will sell for in 5 years BOC... I don't pretend to.

I'd bet that HFH (and other black cover keys) will fare better in that respect than many other keys.

You may have seen more 9.4's in the past year or two, but where have you seen a 9.6 for sale until this copy on CL that was snatched up pretty quickly? Obviously, the only 9.8 did breifly (Beltan sold to me, and I to one of my customers) if that's what you are recalling.... but no 9.6's in quite some time available publicly otherwise.

Also.. 3rd tier... maybe... I'm thinking 2nd especially considering his place in modern comics. Appearances in Alias and relationship with Jessica Jones and now a member of the New Avengers.

In terms of sustained value, I guess time will tell.

When I say 3rd tier character, here's my logic:

1st tier = Wolverine, Spider-Man......'Nuff Said.

2nd tier = Iron Man......not as popular as 1st tier, can sustain a regular series, known by some in the general public.

3rd tier = Luke Cage......cannot sustain a regular series, unknown to the general public.

When I say 3rd tier character, here's my logic:

1st tier = Wolverine, Spider-Man......'Nuff Said.

2nd tier = Iron Man......not as popular as 1st tier, can sustain a regular series, known by some in the general public.

3rd tier = Luke Cage......cannot sustain a regular series, unknown to the general public.

I would agree with that assessment.

4th tier: Man-thing, Warlock, moon knight???

5th tier: Tigra, Red Wolf, doc savage???

6th tier: Son of Satan....

?????????????????

poke2.gif

7th tier: Deathlok poke2.gif, Night Nurse, Howard the Duck, Killraven..... why did they last as long as they did?

8th tier: Woodgod, Paladin, Bloodstone...... one-time characters.

I think I mentioned it before, even though I rarely post, my brother bought me one at a local flea market for a couple bucks. He gave it to me for a birthday present. I had it graded and it came back a 9.0. (I thought it would be a 9.2) Nice to know finds like this are still out there.

4th tier: Man-thing, Warlock, moon knight???

5th tier: Tigra, Red Wolf, doc savage???

6th tier: Son of Satan....

?????????????????

poke2.gif

7th tier: Deathlok poke2.gif, Night Nurse, Howard the Duck, Killraven..... why did they last as long as they did?

8th tier: Woodgod, Paladin, Bloodstone...... one-time characters.

I liked Woodgod & Paladin when I was a kid. cloud9.gif