• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moment of Silence Comic

9 posts in this topic

Need advice, I am in possession of over 40 books of Moment of Silence in Mint condition.

Comics price guide, puts the value at $7 for raw mint, and quotes CGC mint at $140. Is it worth it for me to have them graded?

Will I be able to sell them after grading at $140?

I understand a sale happens at the price a buyer would pay for. For that matter, what can one expect to sell a comic, CGC graded, at same as listed or how many percent less than listed. 
What's the rule of thumb here?

Thanks,

Huey

Do you have a pic of the book?   When was it made?   On GPA, I see "A Moment of Silence" comic from 2002.  Not many recent sales.   Latest thing I see on that is a 9.6 from Jan 2017 sold for $16.

If this is the book you're talking about, no, not worth grading.   

You are correct, that's the one, it's a 9/11 tribute book. Is that a CGC graded that's sold for $16?

If it is, then I'm very confused on why it's shown as $140 for CGC 10.0 in comic price guide, it's quite misleading.

I have opportunity to pick up quite a number of early 2000 comics, mint 10.0 condition CPG guide shows raw $6.00 and CGC $120. Should I pick them up? 

CPG (online) isn't really the best for values.   Also, a CGC 10.0 is extremely rare.  Extremely.   So, maybe a CGC 10.0 of Moment of Silence would sell for $140 (or is "worth" that).  Chances are your books are not at that level, and neither are any of the "2000" you can pick up.  

Got any pics of the books?  I'll tell you why they aren't 10's. 

If you've got to take them out of bags to photo or scan, make sure you're wearing gloves.  A fingerprint on the cover will take it out of the running for a 10. 

Edited by chrisco37

On 8/17/2017 at 10:06 AM, Huey741 said:

You are correct, that's the one, it's a 9/11 tribute book. Is that a CGC graded that's sold for $16?

If it is, then I'm very confused on why it's shown as $140 for CGC 10.0 in comic price guide, it's quite misleading.

I have opportunity to pick up quite a number of early 2000 comics, mint 10.0 condition CPG guide shows raw $6.00 and CGC $120. Should I pick them up? 

Looks like CGC has graded 128 copies of this book so far, with 116 of them in CGC 9.6 condition or better.

Not a single CGC 10.0 out of those 128 copies yet, so I imagine you should be able to get $140 only if your copy turns out to be a CGC 10.0 graded copy.  I will say though that the chance of your so-called Mint copy being a CGC 10.0 worthy copy is probably running at 0.1% or less.  :gossip:

Looks like what you have on your hands are 40 copies of MA drek which would probably be sitting in the dollar or quarter boxes at most conventions, if dealers even want to waste their time and space on moving this MA crapola.  :tonofbricks: