• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I find CGC SS numbers for specific creators for specific books

6 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

I have a Killing Joke CGC 9.8 SS signed by Jerry Robinson but I have not found a place where I can find out the number CGC 9.8 Killing Jokes Robinson signed. Is the total 1, 25, 50, 100?

There is no database that tracks the number of books by individual signature.

my totally uneducated guess is that with 232 total CGC 9.8 SS, very few if any of them being Moore, the rest are probably Bolland with a smattering of celebrities (like Adam West or something)... add that to the fact that Jerry Robinson didn't work on the book at all (Jerry Robinson is not Stan Lee and Batman is not Wolverine) and is a somewhat rare sig to begin with....I'd say 10 or less, with the MAX at 20.

But these are just feelings.  But I don't think you'd be able to use that guess to help market the book.

CGC actually responded on FB and told me he signed 17 Killing Jokes but not all were 9.8s. They didn't give me a breakdown but it was cool for them to reply. Since they must have the data, wish they would put it on the site.

That is really cool. There have been discussions on the topic for years and years, and this is the first thing that indicates, to me, that there is at least a possibility of having a searchable database at some point.