• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Recognize this P Craig Russell Sandman from 1993?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hey computer pals, help me out? I acquired this P.Craig Russell illustration recently and I have no idea what it's from.  It's on about 11x17 board (not lined, little thicker like a very heavy Strathmore board), no markings on back but it has pencil marks on the front marking off perfectly the interior dimensions of standard 11x17 marvel art board.  Picked it up in a small collection recently from a retired artist. 

Anyone know where this was used?

PCraigRussellSandman.jpg

If it was used by Marvel it should have the marvel copyright stamp on the back.  beautiful.

Actually I dont think its either. I spoke to a friend of Russell and I think its not sandman but a character he did earlier that never went anywhere. I'm guessing he liked the look and the cloak and morphed the design into Sandman issue 50 from June of that same year.  Getting more info now.