• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Sgt Rock #408 worth of money?

11 posts in this topic

I just learned Sonny Landham has passed away today. I remembered him as Billy Sole in 1987 Predator movie. My favorite scene was the laughter and joke between Billy Sole and Rick Hawkins.  Shane Black as Hawkins who always reads the comic book. I never glimpsed of it until I googled both actors. Finally found the title of that comic book is Sgt Rock #408. Checked on MCS and eBay sale history. Not many sales. Do you think that book is worth of money because it was used as a prop in the movie. Just wondered. 

Edited by JollyComics

No, plenty of books have appeared in movies and TV and it doesn't seem to have affected their value at all.

Edited by kav

12 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I just learned Sonny Landham has passed away today. I remembered him as Billy Sole in 1987 Predator movie. My favorite scene was the laughter and joke between Billy Sole and Rick Hawkins.  Shane Black as Hawkins who always reads the comic book. I never glimpsed of it until I googled both actors. Finally found the title of that comic book is Sgt Rock #408. Checked on MCS and eBay sale history. Not many sales. Do you think that book is worth of money because it was used as a prop in the movie. Just wondered. 

I would say that it is worth a small amount of money, so I agree with @jsilverjanet  (yes) 

Reading between the lines, I suspect the question becomes, why does Mystery Tales 40 sell for a premium because of the Lost TV show, and the Sgt Rock in Predator doesn't?  Significance to the story, would be my guess.  Does anyone want a copy of Jughead 9 because they saw a guard reading it in Shawshank Redemption before Andy played the Marriage of Figaro on the loudspeakers?  Nope.