• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slab Storage Boxes?

10 posts in this topic

Due to the packaging/oversized nature of these from a value perspective it often makes sense to grab a few at a time. I sell the BCW ones that are heavy duty/thick for only $3.99 each. But the shipping is where the majority of cost comes into play. The plastic ones newshane pointed to are interesting as well. How do you make out on shipping cost with those and/or how many do you buy in a single transaction.

On 8/25/2017 at 9:52 AM, newshane said:

This is what I'm using until I get a custom cabinet. I'm happy with them. I prefer the corrugated plastic. 

BAGSUNLIMITED

Is the quality the same between the plastic and cardboard boxes? I just got some cardboard boxes since they look a little more durable.

5 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Is the quality the same between the plastic and cardboard boxes? I just got some cardboard boxes since they look a little more durable.

I've never suffered from any durability issues, of course I'm always careful with the boxes and brace the bottom with one hand. I have around 400 slabs stashed in these boxes. As a disclaimer, I'm not moving my boxes around that much, if at all.

If you prefer cardboard, the same company sells the same product in cardboard. Highly recommended.

Edited by newshane

26 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Good to know. Are they stackable? Not sure I would considering the books would slabbed, but figured I'd ask.

Plastic? About 2 or 3 high max. I wouldn't want to go any higher than that even with cardboard.