• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page quality opinion

4 posts in this topic

Picked up a book I have been looking to add. I really do not think the seller knew the issue with this page pictured. It is not a super high grade book, but there was no mention of this type of damage. How would you guys grade the PQ based off the pic? I have no idea how this even happened unless the pages got stuck together. 

MM37 pages.jpg

PQ actually looks ow/white to me.  Most likely the page was torn during reading.  Not sure what this was graded at and the defect should have been disclosed.  That said imho this tear would make an otherwise NM book at best a 7.0 something already a 4.0 no downgrade.

33 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

PQ actually looks ow/white to me.  Most likely the page was torn during reading.  Not sure what this was graded at and the defect should have been disclosed.  That said imho this tear would make an otherwise NM book at best a 7.0 something already a 4.0 no downgrade.

+1 OW/WH

Thank you both. The book was sold as VG and on appearance is about right but this was a surprise. All the rest of the pages are supple but this one felt a little more stiff, I have never owned a brittle or slightly brittle book so I was curious on others thoughts. After looking at it I do think it was a rip while reading.

Edited by PKJ