• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Most Bid Retractions I've Ever Seen.......

41 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I don’t know if this scam was brought up but I was bidding on an eBay auction with a friend in which we both lost. Afterwards be both received “second chance”offers because we had the second highest bids (we both were bidding on different items, FYI). I declined, he accepted. Didn’t think much of it until I happened to be bidding again from the same seller along with 3 other friends and again we all were bidding on different books. Amazingly we all lost but all of us received “second chance”offers since we were the highest bidders and the “winner”backed out. All of us declined after I explained my earlier experience with this seller and I moved on but one of my friends did a little research and found that the seller was regularly using 2 other eBay users to win and retract auctions. This was a few years ago and I don’t know if the eBay “second chance”offer thing still exists but it left a bad taste in my mouth. 

"Second chance" is definitely still an eBay feature.  Our buddy Jon Kaftor was using it in the exact same manner.