• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my WSF 1952 Annual (Don't laugh)

8 posts in this topic

OK, now don't laugh at this one to much. Some day I may find (and afford) a better copy. I think grading a low grade book is sometimes harder than when you get above fine condition. This copy has the back cover completely detached at the spine. You can see the rest of the problems in my scans. The pages are what I call a bit below average in color but supple. There is 2 interior pages with a 3/8" by 3" edge piece missing. Can I call this 1.5 Fair/Good?

823066-WSFA11952.jpg

823066-WSFA11952.jpg.359dece895988e80fda3daa886c2417c.jpg

Very cool book 893applaud-thumb.gif

As to grade, I'd probably go with fair based on the detached back cover--still a reasonable copy of a scarce book smile.gif

Well, I disagree, if the BC were taped (don't recommend) it would grade higher than 2.0, why in the absence of tape would it grade less? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I find some of the grading in the lower grades funny. 1.0 can have a missing back cover, so this is better than 1.0 and 2.0 can have a detached cover. Well only half of my cover is detached, so maybe it's 2.5!!