• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

40 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, jharvey said:

Trying to be helpful. I apologize if it comes across as negative in any way.

Hi, no worries. It is customary to discuss these things in PM, but I understand you intend fair advice, so no harm no foul. :smile:

I do ship from Canada and I made a decision from the start to subsidize real shipping costs to ensure minimum risk for the customer. I did this knowing that it may make it less economical for some customers depending on the number and value of books. On the positive side for the customer, 1 book or 1000, raw or slabbed, get shipped in an elaborately packed box, tracked and insured, and from Canada, at a flat rate $10, a certain amount of real shipping cost is carried by me. That said, if going forward in this thread or any other in future you feel on the fence please do not hesitate to PM as I am always happy to discuss.  

Thread Recap

Lots of great books still available

Happy to consider best offers

Many thanks for having a look :smile:

PAGE 1

Thor 182 7.5 $20.00

Thor 187 7.5 $15.00

Thor 189 8.0 $20.00

Thor 190 7.5 $15.00

Thor 192 7.5 $12.00

Thor 194 7.0 $8.00

Thor 196 7.5 $6.00

Thor 199 8.5 $12.00

On 9/3/2017 at 10:55 AM, crassus said:

Hi, no worries. It is customary to discuss these things in PM, but I understand you intend fair advice, so no harm no foul. :smile:

I do ship from Canada and I made a decision from the start to subsidize real shipping costs to ensure minimum risk for the customer. I did this knowing that it may make it less economical for some customers depending on the number and value of books. On the positive side for the customer, 1 book or 1000, raw or slabbed, get shipped in an elaborately packed box, tracked and insured, and from Canada, at a flat rate $10, a certain amount of real shipping cost is carried by me. That said, if going forward in this thread or any other in future you feel on the fence please do not hesitate to PM as I am always happy to discuss.  

You are always so nice, Robert. (worship)

1 hour ago, crassus said:

You are both too kind. Don't be too hard on Mike, not at least until he's bought some of my books first... lol

You mean "again".

Fantastic Four 50 6.5 (cracked out CGC OW label incl; Bright with superior gloss & colour; light to mod spine & edge wear; large hard cb impact btm spine fc & bc with 1/8" triangular chip out btm spine, taken together determined the grade; cb crses ur crnr fc; light to mod foxing bc; light tanning interior covers) $140.00   Now $130.00  SOLD

FF-50-fc.jpg

FF-50-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Fantastic Four 53 6.5 (cracked out CGC OW-W label incl; Bright & glossy; mod spine & edge wear, mainly a cluster of vertical cb crses near center r-edge fc; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; cb crses ul & bl crnrs bc; long faint cb crses center btm edge bc; light to mod foxing bc; light tanning interior cvrs; just a lot of little things around the edges adding up to 6.5) $100.00   Now $90.00  SOLD

FF-53-CopyB-fc.jpg

FF-53-CopyB-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

On 9/3/2017 at 0:55 PM, crassus said:

Very reasonable shipping rates. I've purchased books off Robert and they've arrived promptly and with bullet proof packaging (very useful in my neighbourhood) Just buy a few books, his grading is better than most, you won't be disappointed. 

On 9/3/2017 at 10:26 AM, crassus said:

Thor 190 7.5 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear; sm cb crses br crnr fc determines grade; otherwise only light spine & top staple stress; slight crnr blunting; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $15.00

Thor-190-fc.jpg

Thor-190-bc.jpg

:takeit: per PM

Edited by bikesnbuses

On 9/6/2017 at 4:35 PM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 53 6.5 (cracked out CGC OW-W label incl; Bright & glossy; mod spine & edge wear, mainly a cluster of vertical cb crses near center r-edge fc; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; cb crses ul & bl crnrs bc; long faint cb crses center btm edge bc; light to mod foxing bc; light tanning interior cvrs; just a lot of little things around the edges adding up to 6.5) $100.00   Now $90.00 :news:

FF-53-CopyB-fc.jpg

FF-53-CopyB-bc.jpg

:takeit: per PM.

On 9/6/2017 at 4:34 PM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 50 6.5 (cracked out CGC OW label incl; Bright with superior gloss & colour; light to mod spine & edge wear; large hard cb impact btm spine fc & bc with 1/8" triangular chip out btm spine, taken together determined the grade; cb crses ur crnr fc; light to mod foxing bc; light tanning interior covers) $140.00   Now $130.00 :news:

FF-50-fc.jpg

FF-50-bc.jpg

On 9/3/2017 at 9:21 AM, crassus said:

Thor 182 7.5 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear, mainly right top edge fc; presents 8.5 but sm hard cb impact with crses bl crnr bc & cb crse right top edge bc limit grade; light foxing & ink transfer bc) $20.00

Thor-182-fc.jpg

Thor-182-bc.jpg

:takeit: per PM.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:22 AM, crassus said:

Thor 187 7.5 (Bright & glossy with strong colours; light spine & edge wear; light spine stress; slight staple stress; crnr blunting; presents better but cb crse ur crnr fc limits grade; light foxing & ink transfer bc) $15.00

Thor-187-fc.jpg

Thor-187-bc.jpg

On 9/3/2017 at 9:25 AM, crassus said:

Thor 189 8.0 (Bright & glossy; tough to grade presents as 9.0 but main defect is cb wear center & btm r-edge fc partially visible in scan; sm faint cb crse btm spine fc; staple stress top; spine stress bc; crnr blunting; printing defect center r-edge bc barely visible in scan; light foxing & ink transfer bc) $20.00

Thor-189-fc.jpg

Thor-189-bc.jpg

31 minutes ago, Leo-man said:
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 50 6.5 (cracked out CGC OW label incl; Bright with superior gloss & colour; light to mod spine & edge wear; large hard cb impact btm spine fc & bc with 1/8" triangular chip out btm spine, taken together determined the grade; cb crses ur crnr fc; light to mod foxing bc; light tanning interior covers) $140.00   Now $130.00 :news:

FF-50-fc.jpg

^^ and the FF 53, Thor 182, 187 and 189 are yours, many thanks indeed! :smile: