• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI on Green Lantern piece on HA Sunday
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I just want to point out that if anyone is thinking they have a chance at a bargain because an generic Green Lantern piece up for auction is actually a splash from Green Lantern Emerald Dawn, that they won't be getting a bargain because it's not the published splash :)

This is the piece in question - link to Heritage Auction I was all set to bid thinking it would go under the radar until I realized that I actually own the original! doh!

This is the actual published splash - link to published splash on my CAF

The HA auction is correctly listed, since it just said Green Lantern piece without citing an artist or title

Malvin

17 minutes ago, kav said:

what is going on here???

no clue.  Fan recreation? an artist practicing? Just be aware if you want to bid that it's not the published piece!  I have done my public service to the OA community, what you do next is up to you :)

Malvin

2 minutes ago, malvin said:

likely because HA and the consignor does not know the artist!

Malvin

I'm surprised HA took this piece for consignment.  

Just now, Brian Peck said:

Why? They sell alot of art with no artist credited and are known to post art with poor or misleading descriptions.

I never knew that