• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Breaking Coverless Copies?

43 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

The reproduced pages above are Wrap 1 (page 1 & 32), Wrap 2 (page 2 & 31) and the centerfold (page 16 & 17). I believe those page numbers are correct. I'm not sure exactly how your book looks inside and out, but if there were a way to get the wraps in the proper order, that would be great. I do not know of such rearrangement would warrant a green or purple label. Nevertheless, I think you have one awesome book. A "complete" coverless copy with lesser PQ just sold for 14K so I don't think 8K for a copy less three wraps is out of bounds.

Yeah that sounds right as far as what I'm missing and thanks! I'm definitely happy with it. Tough finding affordable copies of this so I was glad to get it. As far as rearranging the pages go, I believe CCS may be able to do things like that and since it's such a low grade it wouldn't result in it changing from unrestored to something else. As far as why the stories are in different order i have no clue, but they are lol.

Sorry to make a late interjection, but I would say Batman 1 is one of the most iconic and, yes, classic covers ever produced.  It is entirely unique for its era.  I especially like the detailed and realistic figures juxtaposed with the really graphically pleasing undetailed background.  It is one of the best covers ever produced.

CA 1 , on the other hand, is pretty awkwardly posed, stiff, and a disaster of composition.  It is in the same vein as many Timely covers, but no where near as good as a Schomburg. Comic fans geek over it because it is CA hitting Hitler.  But, I think it is a distant non-contender for top WWII cover.  Pep 22, featuring the original patriotic hero CA copied, is a far far better composition.

22 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Sorry to make a late interjection, but I would say Batman 1 is one of the most iconic and, yes, classic covers ever produced.  It is entirely unique for its era.  I especially like the detailed and realistic figures juxtaposed with the really graphically pleasing undetailed background.  It is one of the best covers ever produced.

CA 1 , on the other hand, is pretty awkwardly posed, stiff, and a disaster of composition.  It is in the same vein as many Timely covers, but no where near as good as a Schomburg. Comic fans geek over it because it is CA hitting Hitler.  But, I think it is a distant non-contender for top WWII cover.  Pep 22, featuring the original patriotic hero CA copied, is a far far better composition.

I have to disagree with you 100%.  Cap 1 is an amazing cover.