• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are curator books really that hard to get?

13 posts in this topic

I know guys a pedigree is still just a comic and it shouldn't matter but I have heard people mention that Curator books are hard to get away from their owners. Does one guy own most of them? Whats the deal with this pedigree anyway? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Ericc123

I believe that Tom Brulato owns most the key issues and large runs of certain titles. Here's a link to an article in which he mentions that he bought the Spider-man run from 1-80. I don't have the exact details on what else he may own.

Tom Brulato article

Well, the Curators aren't actually that hard to procure. The biggest obstacle they present to the collector, once acquired, is staying alive! Unfortunately, this Pedigree has a particularly nasty curse placed on it, much like the one associated with the entrants to King Tuts Tomb! shocked.gif A horrible and lingering death awaits all who obtain and try to KEEP a Curator pedigree comic. As an interesting note, the name "Curator", in this case, has nothing to do with the standard dictionery version of curator. In this case, the word Curator is from the ancient Chinese addage: "Rots'a'ruck"... BACKWARDS, which is exactly what you'll need if you attempt to make one of these cursed books part of your permanent collection!!

Yes. Curators are extremely difficult to find. It's my understanding that one collector(Brulato) bought up most of the Silver Marvels which basically means they are unavailable. I think that the few marvel curators I've ever seen have been on the lower end of the NM spectrum(9.0, 9.2) which would lead me to believe that it is mostly the 9.4+ stuff that will be unavailable indefinetly.

Last I remember hearing, the only Curators that are on the market are the ones under 9.4 that Brulato already had better copies of. The most outrageous copy in the collection I've heard of is the X-Men #1 CGC 9.8.

Does anybody know the full extent of Curators? I've only heard of it containing Marvel Silver comics, but it seems hard to believe that the guy wouldn't have bought the major DC titles if he really didn't collect comics and was just buying for the future.

Idealcollectables sold about 4 or 5 Curator copies a couple months back, they were all 9.0 or 9.2, with one 9.4. I'd guess all the 9.4's are not on the market and probably won't be for quite some time, if ever..

Brian

The curator pedigree is famed for incredible page whitness.

The books were stored in a temperature controlled environment to achive it, so it will be interesting to see how well the books are holding up since they have been in general circulation.