• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Looney Toones

4 posts in this topic

Greetings! Just a fair warning I'm somewhat new to collecting comics so if my questions have already been discussed in a previous forum I apologize in advance. 

I just recently purchased several Looney Toones comics dating from 1945-1950's and a couple of them still had the "last issue" envelope.

-My first question is do these hold any value by themselves? 

-My second question is if they don't hold any value by them selves,  should I send them to be graded with the comic they came with? 

Thanks for viewing and any advice would be much appreciated.

-Vince 

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

They could command maybe a small premium for the "novelty factor".  They are kinda cool to see. 

CGC will not slab those envelopes with the book, so don't send.  The book you posted in the pic is, IMO, not worth sending in for grading either.  I didn't look it up in OSPG, so not 100% sure what the book value is.  Unless it's a super-key book, it's just a low grade common dell.  You'd spend more or slabbing than the book is worth.  

Actually, I'd send them an email with the photos of the envelope. CGC has been slabbing memorabilia of paperwork related to comics and such by themselves. They don't get graded, but would look cool in a holder regardless. I don't know what they charge for doing just the envelope though. Paperwork related to comics have seen activity. Just ask and see what they say. Unless your comic is really high grade, I probably wouldn't  bother getting it graded. I would like to own that envelope if I could get my hands on it. I love Bugs Bunny.

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

Actually, I'd send them an email with the photos of the envelope. CGC has been slabbing memorabilia of paperwork related to comics and such by themselves. They don't get graded, but would look cool in a holder regardless. I don't know what they charge for doing just the envelope though. Paperwork related to comics have seen activity. Just ask and see what they say. Unless your comic is really high grade, I probably wouldn't  bother getting it graded. I would like to own that envelope if I could get my hands on it. I love Bugs Bunny.

Get in line :baiting:

No character like Bugs Bunny! American treasure! Nice pieces!