• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink / Comic Connect auctions

3 posts in this topic

I spent my night buying comics on ComicLink.  After winning a few, I came over to the chat boards to get others' takes on tonight's bidding.  I was confused to hear people talking about Comic Connect auctions instead of ComicLink. It left me with the following questions. 

Did both sites have auctions on the same night?

If so, where did you guys spend your time and money?

...and more importantly, why would they want to compete with each other? (I assume they each hurt the other's sales and profit)

I spent my time on Comic Connect.

I like the auction format better (extended bidding time, etc).

I agree, it seems strange to have both auctions at the same time, however, perhaps they figure whoever goes first is going to pull in the $$$$, leaving less for the other auction.

(shrug)

I checked both previews before the auctions began. C-Link had the specific book/grade I had been looking for during the past few months. I placed a bid with 3 1/2 hours remaining and went back to fixing my fence.

During the February auction, I think the same thing happened. I ended up buying the copy of the book/grade I wanted off C-Link which had OW/W pages whereas the one on CC had White pages and sold for about 10% more, which was why I targeted the C-Link sale (for the OW/W discount).