• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 6

189 posts in this topic

Wear on all four coners, multiple spine stresses, both outer corners look bumped...i actually did not reaize the marking was pencil crayon....thought it was distributor overspray... confused-smiley-013.gif

Here they are again sumo.gif

Guess I just couldnt see all that clearly from the scan...even after reading the defects, it still doesnt look like a 7.5 book from the scan...maybe its time for a new computer... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wear on all four coners, multiple spine stresses, both outer corners look bumped...i actually did not reaize the marking was pencil crayon....thought it was distributor overspray... confused-smiley-013.gif

Guess I just couldnt see all that clearly from the scan...even after reading the defects, it still doesnt look like a 7.5 book from the scan...maybe its time for a new computer... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Second time I've been burnt by not asking any questions.... thought that was overspray as well.

sorry.gif

Second time I've been burnt by not asking any questions.... thought that was overspray as well.

sorry.gif

Questions are for [#@$%!!!].

sorry.gif

Ok, darn filter.

Questions are for "cats".

Once again, I think the back cover shows the defects better, as the white stripe along the spine on the FC "hides" everything.

I really don't think that the crayon (dist. spray, whatever) affects this grade at ALL - I missed the grade by a full point because I didn't add up the accumulation of defects sufficiently. sumo.gif

sorry.gif

Ok, darn filter.

Questions are for "cats".

Yeah... I know... I should stick to my misanthropic ways and go back to holding everyone in complete disdain... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Give the man his props! 893applaud-thumb.gif Go OctoFire!

oh he is definitely the Man! Incredible run. But after I wrote that I just wanted to not look like a suckup, and, after all, a week ago Jayman's lead looked insumountable too!

Thanks guys! NO JINX, NO JINX! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If anyone is curious, I thought the book was a solid 8.0, borderline 8.5, but I dropped it to the 7.5 because of the color loss and smudging on the back bottom right. Too much scuffing to make it to an 8.0 or higher.

Maybe I should get some windex and clean mine! 27_laughing.gif

Davidking623