• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Counterfeit Albedo #0

6 posts in this topic

Hey Kids,

I was sent this Albedo #0 in the mail - I believe it to be a counterfeit - this is not noted in Overstreet so consider this a public service announcement! smile.gif

(Seller was a stand up guy and immediately sent a refund for the portion of my bid relating to the #0 - wasn't a comic guy, didn't know).

I attach some scans so that everyone can see the difference. It's a terrible attempt at a counterfeit, so at least it's easy to spot. [Note: I just noticed two of the links are not cooperating, will fix soon].

Differences of the counterfeit vs. the original:

- wrong size! by at least a 1/2" (too narrow) and a 1/4" too short.

- wrong paper! coarse paper used, Gallacci used extra high quality paper.

- several pages missing! the 5 or 6 intro pages before the "Bad Rubber" story are not there!

- no red sticker printed on the cover! (see scan, there is a $1 red price tag on the original, looks like a sticker but is printed on)

- back cover is the wrong color! ('nuff said, should be a light purple).

- no amber used on the cover (compare the desks, the desk on the original has an earthy color to it, including some amber undertones).

Cheers,

B.

counterfeit.jpg

counterfeit2.jpg

counterfeit3.jpg

Nope, that second print has a blue cover....

The fourth print has a white cover, and I don't own one for comparison, but I consider it highly unlikely that it is a third/fourth print... the type of paper used is all wrong, the dimensions are off, there are just too many shady factors at play.

Dan

The fourth print has a white cover, and I don't own one for comparison, but I consider it highly unlikely that it is a third/fourth print... the type of paper used is all wrong, the dimensions are off, there are just too many shady factors at play.

I've got a copy of the 4th print, same cover as the 1st print, but has a blue back cover. He also goes into the details that differ on the 4 printings. They did remove the cover price on the 2nd & 3rd editions, but both have a blue cover according to his notes. Both are also marked as 2nd & 3rd printings.

Mark