• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question: Do you slab a book solely because it would be the top CGC Census copy?

26 posts in this topic

David,

I think the question you have to ask yourself is why is a 3.5 the current top census copy? Is it because the book is difficult to find in mid or high grade, or because it is not worth slabbing due to low demand and/or the inability to command a premium as the result of certification?

Within yourself, you must look. Only then, the answer you will find.

-Master Yoda

PS, I wouldn't slab THIS book just to get top census. Doing that depends entirely on the comic, IMO.

I looked within myself, only to find an empty void, leading to another empty void, and another, ad-infinitum 27_laughing.gif

btw, this is a very interesting book - I am seriously considering it (it's a Gerber 6, I think) grin.gif

To answer your question: No.

This is a tough book to find in HG and I would probably slab it if I thought it would come back as F/VF or higher. It is not a particularly hard book to find in VG or worse. IMO this copy is a VG (as is my copy) so not that uncommon.

To answer your question: No.

This is a tough book to find in HG and I would probably slab it if I thought it would come back as F/VF or higher. It is not a particularly hard book to find in VG or worse. IMO this copy is a VG (as is my copy) so not that uncommon.

Of course I should have asked you first hail.gif I should have just sent you and Steve pm's - Thanks!

There is only one of these slabbed at 3.0, and I'm pretty sure this will beat a 3.0 hands down, so what do I do? Opinions please.

I agree with those who say it depends on the book. For a lower grade copy like the one you posted, I usually wouldn't do it. For a higher grade copy, depending on the book, I might. I just submitted my Batman #52 to CGC because I think it could be top census. If it comes back top census, it will help with resale.