• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd party hosting site besides photobucket
1 1

42 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

$15 off of $399 is not so good.

The problem I'm having with migrating stuff off, is that it's so often impossible to sign on, and downloading takes a long time. Maybe you have tricks to use, D ick? @ Pontoon

Yeah, of course. $15 of $399 is a joke.

For some reason I haven’t been experiencing the login issues others have. I have not been using PB a ton, but was on there every day last week IIRC. I was unable to access it one morning but got on later. I’m using Firefox with AdBlock. Downloading wasn’t a problem either, I grabbed a bunch of files. (Nothing huge though, just scans of funnybooks.) Navigating is the usual pain though; I’ve always found it sluggish even before the current problems started.

29 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

You can do folders, I don't really use those much. I find I can access everything by naming it. There is no 3rd party hosting, but you get a ton of space for $90 a year (or something like that...it's nowhere near $399)

Mmmm...no 3rd party hosting so boo.

Since I really only host any pictures on this forum, I may just use their own picture upload thingie.  My old links will be dead but I still have everything saved so who cares?

Thanks Photobucket for saving me money.

6 minutes ago, greggy said:

Mmmm...no 3rd party hosting so boo.

Since I really only host any pictures on this forum, I may just use their own picture upload thingie.  My old links will be dead but I still have everything saved so who cares?

Thanks Photobucket for saving me money.

:gossip: postimage.org

1 minute ago, Pontoon said:

:gossip: postimage.org

Do they sort by picture name?

I see that a bunch of them apparently issue random names for the pic and that won't work.

Is there a paid account option?

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

There service has been horrendous for the past year. You can never sign on. I'm going to move everything to dropbox and just ask for a refund. I was hoping they would come up with a sane plan, $399 a year is crazy.

I have had no problems since we got a new computer this past year and updated the internet browsers.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I have had no problems since we got a new computer this past year and updated the internet browsers.

I have a new computer and we have fiber optic cables, they still don't open or move well. May be by region.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I have a new computer and we have fiber optic cables, they still don't open or move well. May be by region.

We also upgraded our tv/phone/internet service to Spectrum last summer, and now pay 1/2 what we were paying for Centurylink.

The internet is very zippy, etc.  uploading files is quicker than ever, and I'm able to retrieve coding stuff very easily by clicking my old thumbnails from my past sales threads.  I was able to reconstruct several old sales listings in the past couple weeks so that I can sell some stuff.

6 minutes ago, greggy said:

Do they sort by picture name?

I see that a bunch of them apparently issue random names for the pic and that won't work.

Is there a paid account option?

Sort by name: Yes. It it doesn't assign random names; what you've titled the file is what it is.

Organize by folders: Yes

Paid account: Unaware of one.

I found it 10x easier to use than PB. You can see the entire image and name of the file in the thumbnail.

would it be worth it for you to get together and create your own picture hosting site? Seems like you will need this service for a long time to sell your books. I mean-- how hard can it be to set something like that up? Every one of these sites whines about how expensive it is and how they need to "buy a new server(s)" but most of them are full of . You see this quite often with Bit Torrent sites.

does anyone know?

The $399.00 Photobucket is asking for a year, can I pay it monthly or is it all a one time annual fee?

I am all about time. I rarely have any free time, and I might be willing to pay the cost monthly to save the time and hassle of downloading thousands of images from greedy Photobucket.

Since their anncounment of the $399 per year. I decided to remove nearly all of my scans. Left behind a few scans. And walked away. 

You gonna love this: I occasionally still get email from Photobucket telling me my account is overload with scans,  tells me I need to upgrade! Laughed at that and deleted email. The fact they tell me that proves the $399 per year is a cash cow scam.

Now on top of emails touting minimal discounts to their new crazy fee scheme, I’m getting spam emails enjoining me to shop for holiday decorations, with “EVERYTHING MUST GO” in caps text. Also being asked if I have products to sell and told I should become a PBDeals Community Vendor. doh!

Edited by Dick Pontoon

They sent me an email saying that they cancelled my current plan ($2.99 per month) and that I need to sign up for a more expensive plan or they will revert my account to a free one, meaning not much storage really. But this week they tapped my Paypal for the auto charged $2.99 as usual, so I'm not sure when or if this reversion to a free account will take place.  All I'm sure of is that I'm not spending $400 a year for third party hosting.

I am confused, the website offers a $4something a month service for 2500 photos? Why $399?

My account, which I have not used for over a year, is still alive. It says I have space for another 1500 or so images? I have 700+ on there, most I should delete, but it is soooo slow. It takes forever to delete an image.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Seems they would be less pushy with ebay not requiring outside hosting anymore. It would basically be hosting for here for me.

If I get what your saying correct... the cgc boards don't require outside host in either...  :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

44 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If I get what your saying correct... the cgc boards don't require outside host in either...  :foryou:

When did they add that? Criminey, I notice that now right below! And you can stick 50 images in a thread like that?

I haven't done a sales thread for a year +, so I guess that explains my cluelessness.

Edited by the blob

8 minutes ago, the blob said:
52 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I get what your saying correct... the cgc boards don't require outside host in either...  :foryou:

When did they add that? Criminey, I notice that now right below! And you can stick 50 images in a thread like that?

I haven't done a sales thread for a year +, so I guess that explains my cluelessness.

I don't know about 50 lol but it did handle my 15 book submission...

Also you can now upload straight from your phone  :foryou: after taking pics...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM