• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA subscribers - how should we record this sale?

19 posts in this topic

How do you guys feel the following result should be recorded in GPA:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6532942757

We normally use "Questionable bidding history" when an item is won on a single bid, by a low-rated bidder and where no other comics have been purchased by them in the past (the only other item recorded in their feedback is a non-comic item).

Any thoughts?

We normally use "Questionable bidding history" when an item is won on a single bid, by a low-rated bidder and where no other comics have been purchased by them in the past (the only other item recorded in their feedback is a non-comic item).

Any thoughts?

Yeah, e-mail "Carlos" and ask him if he received the money. If he did, "book him, Dan-O"

(too many cliches?) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Oh, and make sure you scratch the prior sale. gossip.gif

If it wasn't for the 3/4 inch spine splits at the top and bottom, this book would be FN+ or better

Thats my favorite line from the Auction - no 893censored-thumb.gif and if it wasnt for alot of other defects all my books would be NM+ or better. 27_laughing.gif Actually it was very upfront of the seller to disclose that - though any serious bidder would have called for the note anyway, or at least you hope so.

There is no way this sale should be included in GPA unless it can be a confirmed transaction. makepoint.gif

contact the seller and ask if payment has been sent. gossip.gif did you enter my sale of batman 251 CGC 9.2 sig series sale of $251 to GPA? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you mean a private sale? We only accept private sale info from a certain number of dealers, so we wouldn't be able to include your sale frown.gif

Yeah, e-mail "Carlos" and ask him if he received the money. If he did, "book him, Dan-O"

Are you able to PM me his email address? Or you can contact him on our behalf it that's not an option.

Are you able to PM me his email address? Or you can contact him on our behalf it that's not an option.

I sent him an e-mail. I will report back, mon capitan! 27_laughing.gif

Any thoughts?

Looks like a legitimate seller and a low feedback bidder. Everyone was a low feedback bidder once. This guy has been bidding (unsuccessfully) on a number of books over the last month or so, all from different sellers. This is the only one he has won.

Unless there is some reason other than the bidder's low feedback why this looks fishy, I'd record it like any other sale.

Any thoughts?

Looks like a legitimate seller and a low feedback bidder. Everyone was a low feedback bidder once. This guy has been bidding (unsuccessfully) on a number of books over the last month or so, all from different sellers. This is the only one he has won.

Unless there is some reason other than the bidder's low feedback why this looks fishy, I'd record it like any other sale.

What he said...

contact the seller and ask if payment has been sent. gossip.gif did you enter my sale of batman 251 CGC 9.2 sig series sale of $251 to GPA? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you mean a private sale? We only accept private sale info from a certain number of dealers, so we wouldn't be able to include your sale frown.gif

it was sold on here in the CGC marketplace. confused-smiley-013.gif

I sent him an e-mail. I will report back, mon capitan! 27_laughing.gif

Thanks! Please post here or email info@gpanalysis.com when you have an answer thumbsup2.gif

Any thoughts?

I agree. The buyer who bought my Superman #2 CGC 8.0 for $15,500 had a feedback of one (and, of course, he was the only bidder), and the sale was completely legit. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Any thoughts?

I agree. The buyer who bought my Superman #2 CGC 8.0 for $15,500 had a feedback of one (and, of course, he was the only bidder), and the sale was completely legit. 893applaud-thumb.gif

True Mark - and that's why we're asking for a followup - at the time you kept us abreast of the situation and verified the sale. Let's hope we can do the same for this. At the end of the day the sale will be reported, we just need to make sure we note any subsequent non-sale.

Hey GPA,

I was going to ask if you wanted me to give you our sales results. We just started carrying CGC books, but I am sure that in 6 months to a year we will be selling many more. Can give you the info if you want.

You can email George at george.pantela@gpanalysis.com - he'll give you a call to discuss.