• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books finished grading - No information
1 1

15 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

So I submitted my first batch of comics awhile back and the listing now shows as graded, yet everything still says NA. Is there a reason why they wait until the item has been shipped to show the grades the books got?

You won't see the grades until the status is "Shipped/Safe".  This means they've QC'ed the grade, slab etc.

35 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

So I submitted my first batch of comics awhile back and the listing now shows as graded, yet everything still says NA. Is there a reason why they wait until the item has been shipped to show the grades the books got?

Years ago, they used to tell you the grade immediately upon grading. However, this led to some problems and they now changed it to Shipped/Safe.

4 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Years ago, they used to tell you the grade immediately upon grading. However, this led to some problems and they now changed it to Shipped/Safe.

Thanks for the information. You wouldn't happen to know the problems it led to would you?

1 minute ago, Rezin1234 said:

Thanks for the information. You wouldn't happen to know the problems it led to would you?

It's possible for the grade to change, even after leaving the grading room. Happened to me a couple times years ago. Also,not sure if this is true with the new slab design, but certain books were turned away in the encapsulation room if there was any chance of damage.

2 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It's possible for the grade to change, even after leaving the grading room. Happened to me a couple times years ago. Also,not sure if this is true with the new slab design, but certain books were turned away in the encapsulation room if there was any chance of damage.

Wow. That's really interesting. Thanks for the background. Really insightful. Kind of antsy to see how my books did. Oh well I'll just have to wait a few more days 

On 9/22/2017 at 7:02 PM, Rezin1234 said:

Curious, too, if they have been marked shipped/safe so you can see the grades - how did you do?

Others above have shared the info but in case you the CGC pages detailing the process you can see it here -

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/

3 hours ago, telerites said:

Curious, too, if they have been marked shipped/safe so you can see the grades - how did you do?

Others above have shared the info but in case you the CGC pages detailing the process you can see it here -

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/

Books have arrived. Need to pick up from post office.

So I am very happy mainly cuz they were Blue labeled. Grades of 0.5, 0.5 and 1.0

Question is what books were they lol

21 minutes ago, Rezin1234 said:

Books have arrived. Need to pick up from post office.

So I am very happy mainly cuz they were Blue labeled. Grades of 0.5, 0.5 and 1.0

Question is what books were they lol

hm 

Action 1

Tec 27

Cap America 1

I agree,

I recently had two books sit in limbo a very long time after being "graded". Which was unusual. When they shipped one of the books was much lower than I expected and the issue printing was not what I was sure I sent in. This could all be avoided if grades were told to us when they are done.

I love CGC and have sent them over 1000 books over the last decade and it is very rare for me to have any unsettling feelings towards them or their staff.

So I'll just hope for the best, But a policy change might be in order.

Mr Pizzafist

24 minutes ago, Pizzafist said:

I agree,

I recently had two books sit in limbo a very long time after being "graded". Which was unusual. When they shipped one of the books was much lower than I expected and the issue printing was not what I was sure I sent in. This could all be avoided if grades were told to us when they are done.

I love CGC and have sent them over 1000 books over the last decade and it is very rare for me to have any unsettling feelings towards them or their staff.

So I'll just hope for the best, But a policy change might be in order.

Mr Pizzafist

The fact that the issue printing was different than what you thought is on the website before the book is even graded. That's on you. Part of the logic behind not posting grades until the book is shipped is CGC wants you to have the book in hand and see the notes provided before calling and challenging the grade.  I think this policy makes sense and I don't think a change will be forthcoming.