• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing foil cover

5 posts in this topic

Hey, just curious what people's opinion is on trying to press foil covers in an attempt to remove spine tics. I don't know anything about it, it just seems like it may be risky? And then on top of that, would you ever press a foil cover with a signature on it? I ask because I have a copy of Venom Lethal Protector 1 newsstand edition that I am considering getting signed and graded by Bagley. Don't know how much this will affect the grade.

IMG_4357.PNG

IMG_4358.PNG

These are still cheap enough that you can pick up a nicer copy for less than the price of pressing. But to specifically answer your question, they can be worked on, but the results are not as good as regular cover stock for obvious reasons. 

Edited by joeypost

That's a big color breaking crease. I don't think a press can do anything with that, regardless of the cover stock. If you 'need' a high grade, I wouldn't bother submitting this book. Sorry.

Edit: Look at the inside of the front cover. I suspect that crease may be a tear.

Edited by Bomber-Bob

I agree with everyone else. Hold out for a better copy and get that signed. You'd be better off waiting until you've got the funds. Personally, I'd buy a 9.8 in a slab, crack it, sign it, resubmit. The copy you own cannot be helped.