• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL HAIL JASON EWERT :P

90 posts in this topic

Pressing does not bother me, is he cleaning or trimming books?

The references above by myself and October_Fire were about the seller in the quoted link.

It was not Jason Ewert.

gossip.gif

Believe me you got lucky. I know of at least 40 poeple who have received RESTORED books from him not advertised as such. OldGuy even has a website dedicated to him. You need to keep up with the times makepoint.gif

I think we are talking about two different people. I thought you were talking about Ewert? Everyone knows roid boy. makepoint.gif

If he is suppose to be one of the many pressers, it is pretty easy to tell. I have several CGC books in my collection that have been pressed. All of them are very easy to spot. I have also seen a lot of silver age books that have been pressed, again, pretty easy to tell. Look carefully at the spines...

Can you be a little more specific? If it's so easy to spot, why the controversy over non-disclosure? If you're right, anyone can spot pressing.

Some pressing is difficult to spot, but other books are pretty easy if they have not been done right. If the spine looks like it is ready to split and the spine is completely flat, you may have a pressed book. I bought a Green Hornet 1 that had been pressed so much it looked like the CGC case was the only thing keeping it from splitting. I also bought a Batman 55 that looks the same. SUper flat cover and "funky" looking spine. If I can get a picture of what it looks like, I will post some pics of it.

If he is suppose to be one of the many pressers, it is pretty easy to tell. I have several CGC books in my collection that have been pressed. All of them are very easy to spot. I have also seen a lot of silver age books that have been pressed, again, pretty easy to tell. Look carefully at the spines...

Can you be a little more specific? If it's so easy to spot, why the controversy over non-disclosure? If you're right, anyone can spot pressing.

Some pressing is difficult to spot, but other books are pretty easy if they have not been done right. If the spine looks like it is ready to split and the spine is completely flat, you may have a pressed book. I bought a Green Hornet 1 that had been pressed so much it looked like the CGC case was the only thing keeping it from splitting. I also bought a Batman 55 that looks the same. SUper flat cover and "funky" looking spine. If I can get a picture of what it looks like, I will post some pics of it.

Batman;

Were all these books blessed with the CGC PLOD labels?

According to Steve, if pressing has not been performed correctly, it usually results in some form of damage to the book and is then given a purple label.

Just curious to see if this statment by Steve is actually being enforced by CGC.

According to Steve, if pressing has not been performed correctly, it usually results in some form of damage to the book and is then given a purple label.

Just curious to see if this statment by Steve is actually being enforced by CGC.

check that quote.... it should read "if pressing has not been performed correctly, it usually results in some form of damage to the book and is then given... " a blue label with a (I'm assuming, lower, in this case) grade reflective of the damage caused by pressing.

The books only look pancaked if they aren't pressed properly. I think this has been discussed before at least five times here.

This is incorrect and is not CGC's position. What Steve actually said is that if the book has been damaged by incorrect pressing, the book is downgraded. It would not get a PLOD unless there is other restoration present.

This is incorrect and is not CGC's position. What Steve actually said is that if the book has been damaged by incorrect pressing, the book is downgraded. It would not get a PLOD unless there is other restoration present.

Sorry, my mistake here.

I guess it's been way too long since we've had a pressing thread here. 27_laughing.gif

How soon we forget some of the details.

Batman;

Were all these books blessed with the CGC PLOD labels?

Hi Lou,

All were blue labels.

jasons @ it again with his super hi grade ebay auctions with some killer bronze keys

where the heck does he find these books?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif can't breathe 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif oh ha ha ha ha ha 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif ROTFL 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif no oxygen for the brain 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif