• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signs of Marvel’s resurgence in comics
1 1

23 posts in this topic

I really hope that Marvel has learned that most readers want the look and feel of the traditional characters to remain intact and not just changing them for the sake of change or for PC reasons.  On the other hand I have no objection to them playing with new character ideas and story concepts within the framework they have already established.  Throughout the 70's and 80's Marvel had always been very good at including diverse characters and stories, without the feeling that they were forcing it on the reader, which has predominated the last 10 years or so. Marvel history show it can be done.

2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

I think going back to legacy numbering and restoring our traditional heroes back to their titles/costumes can’t hurt.

Perhaps Marvel heard you, as they have relaunched FOOM #1 mag this week for free from your LCS:

sh0nnbp.jpg

Still DC Rebirth seems to be more readable just because we are ex-Marvel zombies. :shy:

37 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Perhaps Marvel heard you, as they have relaunched FOOM #1 mag this week for free from your LCS:

sh0nnbp.jpg

Still DC Rebirth seems to be more readable just because we are ex-Marvel zombies. :shy:

I really hate to admit it.  I was a Marvel only person (except for like 2 Batman titles) for years.  I honestly like DC overall better over the last 3 to 4 years.