• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Part of a nice Bronze Age collection for sale.

52 posts in this topic

Although I have kept quiet on this seller, as I didn't feel like causing too much [#@$%!!!], I figure that his rep is blown anyways so here's my story.

The seller, James Laurel, bid and "won" my Man-Thing 1 CGC 9.6 off eBay for $305 back in around February of this year. He contacted me a few days later and advised me that he was going to send a money order in a few days. After a few days later, he EMAILs me advising that he has had a death in the family so he requested a few weeks delay in making payment. I expressed my condolences and said that it was fine.

However, subsequently, the_rocketeer mentioned on the forums that the "winner" of his Supernatural Thrillers 2 CGC 9.8 didn't pay him yet. I checked the auction page and notice that the "winner" was the same guy. I discussed with the_rocketeer about the reasons given and he said that the guy gave him this death in the family excuse. However, I noticed that the Supernatural Thriller book ended BEFORE the auction of the Man-Thing 1 started!

Therefore, I EMAILed the guy and asked him about it. I also mentioned that I noticed that he was still bidding on over 20+ auctions and some bids were put in AFTER he contacted me. He gave me some story about him sharing the ID with his friend and that he was "Jimmy" and his friend was "Matthew". Because I recalled him posting on the boards asking for a Man-Thing 1 CGC 9.6 previously, I asked him if he "shared" his forum ID with his friend as well. He finally relented and admitted that it was his ID. Since the price realized was the second highest on GPA record, I told him that I would still give him the extension but I didn't appreciate him giving me this story. I also stated that I wanted him to give me positive feedback right away, as he had done with the_rocketeer. He left it as requested.

However, a few days later, he advised that he couldn't pay for the auction and requested that he just pay for my fees. Because the book was such a good example of a 9.6 and that I was considering resubbing it for a higher grade, I just said yes because I did so well on my other books. He Paypaled me the $$ right away so I just let him slide.

But while this scenario was unfolding, I noticed something strange on most of the auctions that he was bidding on. Some low feedback bidder

"creamsodas" was outbidding him to give the impression that he wasn't winning on so many books! Yes, he was bidding against himself! screwy.gif

I realized that this account was his shill because I noticed that this ID was bidding on some of his previous selling auctions and bid up the winners. Also, for the other auctions that this account bid on, the bidding pattern was the same - i.e. The guy always bids higher when outbid. Jimmymatthew was selling off a bunch of his CGC books at the same time and guess who was bidding on these auctions. You guessed it.

I reported them both and both were NARU'd. The jimmymatthew account got reinstated after a few weeks. Typical eBay protocol with shillers! foreheadslap.gif

The seller also had the audacity to ask me to give him a positive recently after I resold the Man-Thing 1 for $100 less than previously. I should have negged him then but I previously promised that I wouldn't neg him so I'm not going to be that petty.

***The most damning part is that this seller has given the same excuse about not being able to pay for a friend of mine recently. He hits 2 BINs totaling $100 recently and then a few days later, gives an excuse about something unexepected happening and that he can't pay. He didn't mention a death this time though. He also gave glowing positive feedback to my friend right away. However, my friend was familiar with my situation so he contacted me to confirm if this was the same guy. I advised yes and told him not to give the guy a break. So my friend has EMAILed him advising him that he expects payment or he will be negged and reported for non-payment.***

***The End***

Hey Greggy. What does this stand for??? NARU'd 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I guess it has something to do with reporting him to E-bay but other than that i am lost.

I see it here and there and just cant come to grips with what it means. boo.gif

I have been reporting keyword spamming for a couple of weeks now. "batman cgc" is one of my regular keywords, and I hate that cgc ready or whatever, and I especially hate cgc in the name like "cgc king". If enough people keep reporting and the auctions get pulled, it will gradually sink in.

I also stated that I wanted him to give me positive feedback right away, as he had done with the_rocketeer.

Feedback extortionists! fuggin fools you deal with foreheadslap.gif

That sucks, he's out there binning or driving up HG auctions of the same books which he is selling to eliminate competition and drive more traffic to his sales, meanwhile killing off relatives left and right so he can use it as an excuse not to pay people 893scratchchin-thumb.gif... this dude is sicker than you...

I also stated that I wanted him to give me positive feedback right away, as he had done with the_rocketeer.

Feedback extortionists! fuggin fools you deal with foreheadslap.gif

That sucks, he's out there binning or driving up HG auctions of the same books which he is selling to eliminate competition and drive more traffic to his sales, meanwhile killing off relatives left and right so he can use it as an excuse not to pay people 893scratchchin-thumb.gif... this dude is sicker than you...

sorry.gif

Thanks for your input Sir Greggy thumbsup2.gif

I wouldn't be so quick to thank our depraved forum member to the North quite yet. I'm more interested in his delay of bringing this story to light. Doesn't he realize that his hesitation could have caused one of our other forumites to be scammed? 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Thanks for your input Sir Greggy thumbsup2.gif

I wouldn't be so quick to thank our depraved forum member to the North quite yet. I'm more interested in his delay of bringing this story to light. Doesn't he realize that his hesitation could have caused one of our other forumites to be scammed? 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

sorry.gif

Although I have kept quiet on this seller, as I didn't feel like causing too much [#@$%!!!], I figure that his rep is blown anyways so here's my story.

The seller, James Laurel, bid and "won" my Man-Thing 1 CGC 9.6 off eBay for $305 back in around February of this year. He contacted me a few days later and advised me that he was going to send a money order in a few days. After a few days later, he EMAILs me advising that he has had a death in the family so he requested a few weeks delay in making payment. I expressed my condolences and said that it was fine.

However, subsequently, the_rocketeer mentioned on the forums that the "winner" of his Supernatural Thrillers 2 CGC 9.8 didn't pay him yet. I checked the auction page and notice that the "winner" was the same guy. I discussed with the_rocketeer about the reasons given and he said that the guy gave him this death in the family excuse. However, I noticed that the Supernatural Thriller book ended BEFORE the auction of the Man-Thing 1 started!

Therefore, I EMAILed the guy and asked him about it. I also mentioned that I noticed that he was still bidding on over 20+ auctions and some bids were put in AFTER he contacted me. He gave me some story about him sharing the ID with his friend and that he was "Jimmy" and his friend was "Matthew". Because I recalled him posting on the boards asking for a Man-Thing 1 CGC 9.6 previously, I asked him if he "shared" his forum ID with his friend as well. He finally relented and admitted that it was his ID. Since the price realized was the second highest on GPA record, I told him that I would still give him the extension but I didn't appreciate him giving me this story. I also stated that I wanted him to give me positive feedback right away, as he had done with the_rocketeer. He left it as requested.

However, a few days later, he advised that he couldn't pay for the auction and requested that he just pay for my fees. Because the book was such a good example of a 9.6 and that I was considering resubbing it for a higher grade, I just said yes because I did so well on my other books. He Paypaled me the $$ right away so I just let him slide.

But while this scenario was unfolding, I noticed something strange on most of the auctions that he was bidding on. Some low feedback bidder

"creamsodas" was outbidding him to give the impression that he wasn't winning on so many books! Yes, he was bidding against himself! screwy.gif

I realized that this account was his shill because I noticed that this ID was bidding on some of his previous selling auctions and bid up the winners. Also, for the other auctions that this account bid on, the bidding pattern was the same - i.e. The guy always bids higher when outbid. Jimmymatthew was selling off a bunch of his CGC books at the same time and guess who was bidding on these auctions. You guessed it.

I reported them both and both were NARU'd. The jimmymatthew account got reinstated after a few weeks. Typical eBay protocol with shillers! foreheadslap.gif

The seller also had the audacity to ask me to give him a positive recently after I resold the Man-Thing 1 for $100 less than previously. I should have negged him then but I previously promised that I wouldn't neg him so I'm not going to be that petty.

***The most damning part is that this seller has given the same excuse about not being able to pay for a friend of mine recently. He hits 2 BINs totaling $100 recently and then a few days later, gives an excuse about something unexepected happening and that he can't pay. He didn't mention a death this time though. He also gave glowing positive feedback to my friend right away. However, my friend was familiar with my situation so he contacted me to confirm if this was the same guy. I advised yes and told him not to give the guy a break. So my friend has EMAILed him advising him that he expects payment or he will be negged and reported for non-payment.***

***The End***

In my time here on the boards, this is by far the longest post I have ever read of Greggy's. hail.gif

***The End***

In my time here on the boards, this is by far the longest post I have ever read of Greggy's. hail.gif

You can read? 893whatthe.gif