• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another CT opinion thread

11 posts in this topic

I am pretty sure these are CT.  This is a GA book that would grade around 3.0 maybe 4.0 on a very good day.  I assume even at that grade, there is enough CT here to warrant a PLOD and not just a label notation of very minor amount... on a blue label? 

20170927_145610.thumb.jpg.00ca95cfe0320728a52e122cc690e4aa.jpg20170927_145613.thumb.jpg.217d43d4c27ad9873032cc7af1b539fa.jpg

20170927_145543.thumb.jpg.745df5393e31d4d58b67c33fcfba8db3.jpg

Honestly I would find it hard to make an objective observation or remark on the book since you are not showing the front cover. 

Can you add some close-up cover photos so that myself and others might be able to get a bigger picture?

1 hour ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:

Honestly I would find it hard to make an objective observation or remark on the book since you are not showing the front cover. 

Can you add some close-up cover photos so that myself and others might be able to get a bigger picture?

Sure I totally forgot.  Appreciate the prompt.

it is unfortunate that the book was given color touch. The CT does nothing to improve the book's grade in my opinion.

Yes it would get purple label, as I would not call that amount of color touch minor.

Before seeing the cover I would have said probably, but now I would say definitely.

Just now, W16227 said:

purple label - but something else pretty interesting, no????

image.png.6067cf7e1540e99bae4b4bdc244055ec.png

Will Eisner?

...And with the color touch on the front the chances of that being authentic are???

Spoiler

Probably not good.

4 minutes ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:
9 minutes ago, W16227 said:

...And with the color touch on the front the chances of that being authentic are???

Hide contents

Probably not good.

if they are actually related.....  just thought it was interesting that there is a possible Eisner sig on the book.....

1 hour ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:

Before seeing the cover I would have said probably, but now I would say definitely.

Reveal hidden contents

Probably not good.

I see no reason to assume that color touch on a book would make the chances of an unverified signature more or less authentic.

Definitely too much amateur CT to get the "very small" blue label notification. I wouldn't bother slabbing this book,  certainly not for resale, it will come back restored and won't recoup the extra expense. Considering it has pretty decent eye-appeal, with the spine wear keeping the grade down, and the Eisner sig, even unverified is an interesting detail unavailable to access slabbed, you might actually get more for this book raw than in plastic.

Thanks all - reaffirmed my thoughts.  I am fairly certain the sig is authentic.  I've had this book for a while and just going through some books I hadn't looked at in many years - probably a mail-order TBG-order book to be honest so t has been a while.

Thanks again.