• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Detective Comics 359

10 posts in this topic

Very solid nice book.  Is that a crease or a scratch along the bottom of the front cover that runs along the inverted bat symbol?  My grade takes in to account that it is. Think you have a 7.5 here, maybe even an 8.

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Unless there is something hidden, I think it is at least 8.0, maybe even 8.5 . Looks very fresh. Nice book !

Spine ticks, what appears to be width long crease on the front bottom cover, the back crease OP pointed out and the blunted edges. Low quality res, those are the things I managed to pick out.

10 hours ago, jou13 said:

Spine ticks, what appears to be width long crease on the front bottom cover, the back crease OP pointed out and the blunted edges. Low quality res, those are the things I managed to pick out.

I did see that long crease but it has all the characteristics of a bindery crease = CGC lets it slide in this grade range. The large scan makes those spine ticks look worse than probably in hand. I've seen 9.2's with that many small spine ticks on a dark cover.  That back corner crease is the biggest obstacle but books get an 8.5 with a corner crease that size. The Boards grade tougher than CGC. I still say CGC is capable of giving this an 8.5.  Maybe we will find out if the OP submits.