• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Personal High Grade Neal Adams Covers (Show me yours)

49 posts in this topic

Sold this one a few years ago to zaq12...ended up selling on Heritage, and I believe I saw it elsewhere after that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sa208.jpg

Some great covers here, but to be honest, and I don't know why, although Adams' DC covers were outstanding, I see nothing special about his Marvel covers at all. I'd never even give them a second look.

Really? I think his run of X-Men covers are some of his best work. You don't like 57 and 59? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Some great covers here, but to be honest, and I don't know why, although Adams' DC covers were outstanding, I see nothing special about his Marvel covers at all. I'd never even give them a second look.

Really? I think his run of X-Men covers are some of his best work. You don't like 57 and 59? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm not trying to dis' anybody's X-books, but no, I don't care for any of Adams X-books. To me there is a huge difference in the quality of Adams work for Marvel and DC, and although I'm sure there are exceptions, his DC work is among the finest Bronze anywhere whereas his Marvel covers (to me) are totally forgettable. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not trying to dis' anybody's X-books, but no, I don't care for any of Adams X-books. To me there is a huge difference in the quality of Adams work for Marvel and DC, and although I'm sure there are exceptions, his DC work is among the finest Bronze anywhere whereas his Marvel covers (to me) are totally forgettable. confused-smiley-013.gif

893whatthe.gif

his Marvel covers (to me) are totally forgettable. confused-smiley-013.gif

That so? What comic book cover published before X-Men 56 showed the bad guy grabbing hold of the Superhero title/logo?

sa207.jpgacclaim.gif

One of Adams' classics...2nd from the bottom on the left = Ras? I believe the Neal Adams CBM issue has a "key" to who all the characters are! thumbsup2.gif