• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When eBay sellers come clean...
2 2

14 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I have a Cap 100 from an original owner collection that resembles that book.

I've seen other books like that too.  @comicquant do you have a link to the auction?

12 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I've seen other books like that too.  @comicquant do you have a link to the auction?

The auction has completed but I found the listing.  Interesting too that there's a 3rd staple which looks original.  Its possible its been grossly mis-cut but when I see the curl with a straight edge at the corner I feel its trimmed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-100-1ST-ISSUE-CLASSIC-COVER-HIGH-GRADE-/142527481246?hash=item212f4cc59e%3Ag%3AwA0AAOSwls5Y6VbL&nma=true&si=x9ootypLrwWJlU6SqrVSBPRFTuM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It actually looks as if the interior pages slid to the right when attaching the cover.  If you look closely at the center fold you can see the staples are closer to the margin on the left side.  So maybe the back half of the book is whats jutting out while the front half is short.

15 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Well, I take it all back...  Its not trimmed its the Quasimodo of comics.

Yeah - not real attractive - I would be interested in what CGC would do with the book.

If I had more money right now, it would be a kick to see.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yeah - not real attractive - I would be interested in what CGC would do with the book.

Its a nice book from a condition perspective.  They'd probably have to put ol' quasi in a GA slab?!?

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Its a nice book from a condition perspective.  They'd probably have to put ol' quasi in a GA slab?!?

It looks like the interior is correct, it is just the covers.  So probably a normal SA slab.