• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

closed

7 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Well this is a bummer but I am pretty sure this book is a counterfeit after reading this post: 

Why did you think it was not a first print... Or that it was a fake? It lines up to me ??? of course I'm on my phone but the black spot in the middle "T" of turtles, Dover NH printing, and the gobbledygook advertisement... And it looks like more a 7.5 as magazines are graded different then regular comics... And a TMNT #1 is an expensive book... But you might have it graded before you buy it I guess

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Looking at graded TMNT #1's on eBay the blood looks right on the sword... Just curious why you thought it was a fake? A 7.5 was priced at $3,500, but a 6.0 6.5 would still be decent money depending on what you pay for it.

The blood on the sword in the T is the same for first and second print but the thread you quoted said that the first print had a New Hampshire state And Dover City and insignia for the printing... oh well, I just feel bad because I bet you were going to get a deal on it, was hoping for the best