• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEETLEJUICE 2 from WB (TBD)
1 1

38 posts in this topic

‘Beetlejuice 2’ Pushes Forward With New Writer At Warner Bros.

beetlejuice.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Mike Vukadinovich will rewrite Beetlejuice 2 at Warner Brothers, a project that has been long gestating as a re-pairing of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton. No deals are anywhere near done with Burton or Keaton but Deadline hears that the two — who are currently working on Dumbo at Disney — have been excited at the thought of collaborating on a sequel. Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions would  produce this one.

Vukadinovich’s most recent film work is Rememory, a science-fiction drama that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was acquired by Lionsgate. Based on his original screenplay, that project stars Peter Dinklage and Julie Ormond. He also wrote Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, based on the Disneyland ride, for Disney with Justin Springer producing and Pete Candeland attached to direct. We see that he also wrote for the upcoming season of Marvel’s Runaways for Hulu, ABC Studios, and Josh Schwartz, and co-wrote the pilot Horrorstory with Josh Schwartz at Fox, and Gail Berman and Charlie Kaufman executive producing.

Until Brad Pitt stepped in. Well, not Brad Pitt personally but his production company Plan B Entertainment. In February of this year, his company announced it’s producing the new film. It’s rumored to film this summer. What do we know about the sequel?

It’s being said that Keaton and Ryder are both reprising their roles in the film. Whether they have officially signed on or have just given a verbal confirmation to appear in the film if it gets going is unknown. Burton has stated in the past that he would only do the film if Keaton agreed to return. So if a camera does start rolling on Beetlejuice 2, it’s a safe bet Keaton will be in the black and white suit. We never thought we would see him back in the Batsuit either but it’s happening. Let’s hope he gets to keep returning to some of his favorite characters.

It’s unknown if Burton will be back in the director’s chair. He could just be on board as a producer. He currently doesn’t have anything listed on his IMDB that would prevent him from directing the film. The project is one that he was very attached to and I’m sure he would love to finally return to this world in Beetlejuice 2.

One of the big rumors recently was that Johnny Depp was going to be in the film. He had started showing up on a Google cast list for the film alongside Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder. Nothing has been announced but fans of Depp were excited to see that he might be teaming up with his favorite director once again.

I am getting Jenna Ortega fatigued in all the sequels/remakes… Scream, as Wednesday, and now Beetlejuice. Her career is on fire though, and she is picking up great roles.

Empire had the pleasure of hosting the one and only Michael Keaton on Saturday evening, as part of a VIP event also featuring a screening of 1989's Batman and the upcoming The Flash, in which he reprises his iconic superhero role for the first time in decades. But Keaton also opened up about the joy of working on another film which features a return for one of his classic characters: Beetlejuice 2.

Keaton is clearly enthusiastic to be once again back with old friend, director Tim Burton and finding more chaos for his bio-exorcist lunatic to cause."Beetlejuice is the most f--kin’ fun you can have working. It’s so fun, it’s so great. And you know what it is? We’re doing it exactly like we did the first movie," he says. "There’s a woman in the great waiting room for the afterlife literally with a fishing line – I want people to know this because I love it – tugging on the tail of a cat to make it move."

The Beetlejuice sequel is something that has been in development limbo for years, but Burton and Keaton are finally shooting it. And from the sounds of it, doing exactly what they want. "[Burton] and I were talking about it years and years ago, never telling anybody. I said, ‘if it happens, first of all, we’ve both said we’re doing it many times. We both agreed, if it happens, it has to be done as close to the way we made it the first time. Making stuff up, making stuff happen, improvising and riffing, but literally handmade stuff like people creating things with their hands and building something. F--kin’ great. It’s the most fun I’ve had working on a movie in I can’t tell you how long."

Beetlejuice 2 will be in cinemas on 6 September next year.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, CAHokie said:

I am getting Jenna Ortega fatigued in all the sequels/remakes… Scream, as Wednesday, and now Beetlejuice. Her career is on fire though, and she is picking up great roles.

She’s the female equivalent to Finn Wolfhard. Although tbf, she does look the part of Lydia’s daughter.