• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dry clean color loss
1 1

21 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In defense of the OP, how is one supposed to know that a specific flaw is common to a book ? Most of us, unlike CGC, do not see multiple copies of a book on a daily basis. It's just another reason why I think CGC should NOT allow certain flaws to get a free pass. A flaw is a flaw no matter how it originated. While I would never have tried to remove it, I can see why it bothered the OP. 

This is it exactly. In hindsight I have seen many 9+ graded CGC books with this flaw, so I'm much more likely now to be able to ignore it. Without that hindsight, I saw it as a blemish worthy of removal. Clearly, I made a mistake, but I'm not sweating it. From a few feet away as the book sits in a case on my shelf, the eye appeal has been greatly improved. It sucks that the value of the book was impacted, but live and learn I guess.

I really appreciate all the feedback on this and the other thread. As an amateur collector, these boards are a great resource for me.