• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wonder where my 50 copies of Dazzler #1 ended up?
2 2

25 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

Did you buy them at Comics America for 5x their value?

No, I got them Comic World...I was buying so much at the time from Doug he was giving me a 30% discount on a lot of stuff. So, got them for $ .35 cents each.

I think I managed to sell a couple copies a few years ago to a board member for a couple dollars.

4 hours ago, TheSurgeon said:

I bought at least three off the rack- still have them bagged (but not boarded.) They were going to be my early retirement.

Don't give up.

:preach:

Give them to your kids and tell them to give them to their great grand children. Dazzler is going to be more popular than Rocket Racer in 100 years when Disco makes a resurgence and the 90 year rule kicks in.

4 hours ago, TheSurgeon said:

I bought at least three off the rack- still have them bagged (but not boarded.) They were going to be my early retirement.

Welcome to the Merry Marvel Retirement Club then.  lol

I must also be a chartered member since I know that I have at least one copy, but possibly 2 copies of this book which I cherry picked off the LCS shelves way back in the day.  (thumbsu

Since your copies are also not boarded but bagged, would they still be residing in those now sticky yellowing poly bags like where my copies are?  doh!

19 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Welcome to the Merry Marvel Retirement Club then.  lol

I must also be a chartered member since I know that I have at least one copy, but possibly 2 copies of this book which I cherry picked off the LCS shelves way back in the day.  (thumbsu

Since your copies are also not boarded but bagged, would they still be residing in those now sticky yellowing poly bags like where my copies are?  doh!

Actually I just looked through my box and I only have one copy left. I must have sold the others at a garage sale a few years ago or maybe on the boards. And I did transfer it from a polybag to a mylar in 2007 after I shipped all my comics from my parents' house to my house.  There are quite a few  other comics that did not warrant the upgrade in storage bags though.

1 hour ago, TheSurgeon said:

And I did transfer it from a polybag to a mylar in 2007 after I shipped all my comics from my parents' house to my house.  There are quite a few  other comics that did not warrant the upgrade in storage bags though.

All of the books I brought off the shelves such as the Bryne X-Men, Miller Daredevils, Perez Teen Titans, and all of that other Marvel 70's drek are still reversed bundled in groupings of 5 or more in those poly bags from 30 to 40+ years ago. 

When I was at my sister's house a few years ago, I took some of those bundles out to see if I should switch out the old sticky bags and surprisingly, all of the books were still as fresh as if they had just come off the shelves.  So, I just left them for now since I figure there's no point wasting money to buy new bags or mylar.  :facepalm:

Maybe I should take another look at them one of these years.  hm