• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

True Life Romance - issue 1

5 posts in this topic

No graded copies, so it has that going for it.  But the cover wasn't drawn by a collectible artist -- GCD lists "Iger shop" -- and doesn't have any real GGA appeal.  You never know when there might be somebody, or a couple of somebodies, who have been waiting around for a copy to surface and who will drive up the price at auction.  But, otherwise, I don't see it being more than a $75 book, if that.

18 hours ago, rjpb said:

Without a salacious cover or story, random Ajax romance is unlikely to sell for more than $40 in VG, and probably less.

Great! --- figured it would be low - but cannot find any real reference to the title anywhere, lol...  Only thing it might have going for it is rarity.  I do not use them for much more than cover images -- but comic price guide deos not even have a reference for them ( nothing under the Ajax publisher, lol) - the image was from MCS - who have none in stock. I might have missed it - but not even in overstreet.....

2 hours ago, W16227 said:

Great! --- figured it would be low - but cannot find any real reference to the title anywhere, lol...  Only thing it might have going for it is rarity.  I do not use them for much more than cover images -- but comic price guide deos not even have a reference for them ( nothing under the Ajax publisher, lol) - the image was from MCS - who have none in stock. I might have missed it - but not even in overstreet.....

Being post-code I would assume would make it less desirable than a pre-code book in most cases.  As for AJax, it was part of Farrell Publications which had several imprints including Ajax and Ajax-Farrell.