• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading at CC

22 posts in this topic

Yeah, I've had similar experiences.  I find that their more aged inventory (you can tell by looking at the sticker on the mylar) is generally accurately graded, whereas their more recent inventory (inventory on hand since 2010 or so) seems to be over-graded by .5 or more, at least that's been my experience.  You have to especially watch out for bc tears and spine splits, they seem to miss those with regularity on books that they grade as mid-grade which really are 4.5ish books.

Edited by zosocane

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, october said:

Felt this was an appropriate thread to bring this up. I bought the Church Mystery Men 11 in the Berk auction, only to find out the spine splits were almost twice as long in-hand as advertised. It's back up on the block, without a revised description. They took a return without a problem, and maybe this is just an oversight, but prospective bidders should know that the write-up is not accurate. 

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=mystery+men&issue=11

baffling that there is no disclosure. Word is getting around. I am another that will never buy a raw book from them.