• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Akron Comic Con - John S. Knight Center - Akron, OH on Nov 4th & 5th

11 posts in this topic

Looks like they dropped the ticket prices to $10 since the number of attendees dropped last year.  I'm going to be set up on the right wall when you come in the door so come on by and say hi.  Come see if my raffle promotion is a huge dud! 

I'm almost done sorting and pricing books and I should have two $1 boxes, four $5 boxes, 7 long boxes of priced minor keys, 1 long box of fresh slabs which arrived yesterday, 1 long box of high grade magazines, 1 long box of vintage playboys, 1 long box of sets and TPBs for $5 and finally a whole wall of key books like Avengers 196, Star Wars 1, Avengers 10, ASM 300.

Edited by 1Cool

I hope you found somethings better to do with your time then hit up this Con.  The number of actual comic book booths was way down and they seemed to have filled the space with lots more nick nack booths and a huge WB tv booth.  There was a decent stream of people but getting people to buy was like pulling teeth.  Only only did 3.5x cost so after trying it for a second year it’s off the list.  Lots of vendors didn’t return after poor sales last year and I expect even less next year.

E44BE760-3B68-4EC4-BBD6-F201C6217A77.jpeg

0DF71482-27F0-418A-97F2-42E0CA7F2AED.jpeg

AB0B505D-7C49-4AE3-9BBC-D65732A02A3C.jpeg

17 hours ago, brianlake7 said:

I came by your table, you had a nice set up and were very personable, I would come back again, hopefully next time you will have a better grade copy of that Eternals #2 I was looking for

Thanks for the kind words.  I bought 15 copies of Eternals 2 earlier this year but I think only 1 was high grade which I've got on the to be graded pile.  Tough book it seems to find in 9.0 or above.

On 11/5/2017 at 5:55 PM, 1Cool said:

73A2302E-C57F-47F3-A0B9-408EB69D97C0.jpeg

F4F5740D-D766-45B1-A34C-2AE937A58AF7.jpeg

D13C1A2F-5F8E-489B-AD99-4E13373BF612.jpeg

Nice set up Andrew !

I agree, show was weak on comic dealers & heavy on merchandisers. Got to spend 20 minutes talking with P. Craig Russell about his Elric series while he signed a book - that was probably the highlight of the show for me.

-bc

3 minutes ago, bc said:

Nice set up Andrew !

I agree, show was weak on comic dealers & heavy on merchandisers. Got to spend 20 minutes talking with P. Craig Russell about his Elric series while he signed a book - that was probably the highlight of the show for me.

-bc

Always great to see you but I felt a little bad since you could only find 1 old crusty book :) 

Thought you were stopping by to tell me about another collection you unearthed - nudge nudge.  That Elric book was a steal for $20 with so many signatures.

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Always great to see you but I felt a little bad since you could only find 1 old crusty book :) 

Thought you were stopping by to tell me about another collection you unearthed - nudge nudge.  That Elric book was a steal for $20 with so many signatures.

Still working on the new collection - my contact  has been on vacation for 2 weeks. Will keep ya posted !

-bc

3 minutes ago, bc said:

Still working on the new collection - my contact  has been on vacation for 2 weeks. Will keep ya posted !

-bc

NO problem - just messing with you.  The Con was good in the fact that I got a lead on a nice buy if it plays out.  You never know what you will hear or come thru the door if you are standing behind a booth table all weekend.

My favorite quote of the Con was a guy staring at my wall for awhile and said "your prices are spot on" and then proceeded to walk away.  I'm assuming he was looking for books on the cheap and was lamenting my books being priced based on e-bay sale prices.  It did make me chuckle.