• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc label

41 posts in this topic

Lineage of who owned a book is not a reason for sticking it on the label. To me it's a lame attempt to get somebody to pay more for a book, ie the infamous "A" collection or the Nicholas Cage Collection. If you want to pass along the story of who you bought the books from or how the owner got them then put notes in your database.

While I love Dallas Stephen's I think the Dallas Stephen's story of how he collected is comics is slighly embellished. I'm sure Nicholas Cage had startlets hanging on his arms when he was purchasing comics from Metropolis.

I'm completely opposed to the idea.

Same here, the way it is now is just fine. If I want different colors, I'll buy a bag of Skittles.

I'm completely opposed to the idea.

Same here, the way it is now is just fine. If I want different colors, I'll buy a bag of Skittles.

Slab The Rainbow?

I'm sure Nicholas Cage had startlets hanging on his arms when he was purchasing comics from Metropolis.

27_laughing.gif

He may have had starlets clinging to him as he phoned his buying agent, who then phoned Metro with the buylist and credit card number.

Who says comic collecting isn't for the beautiful, hipster crowd? tongue.gif

I think a different colour label for pedigree books is a good idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll second that.

I'll third that 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'll Fouth it. bumpit.gif Any color ideas for a Pedigree label. Black Maybe.

I'm completely opposed to the idea. A run of a title in my collection will have pedigree and non-pedigree books interspersed. Different colors will break up the uniformity of appearance from having just one color.

Uh, Tim are you serious????

hey, we're all collectors so we have to be a bit anal, but you're scaring me here...... grin.gif

How about using a hologram with the Pedigree name on it. They have done this with many athletes who sign items. I just think that they need a better way to distinguish Pedigrees.

I actually like the idea. I'm all for having the label state from who's collection the comic is originally from

Well reign in your horses, there, pardner. Someone who has bought an older book from a dealer etc. - well - that is not the collection the book is originally from.

However...

Kind of a tracking history of who's collection the comic would be in next

Thinking far into the future, I like the concept. I really love the idea of where a book has been. Even though most of the cgc submissions would be one or several generations removed from the true original owner - well - at least we have the START of a trace and many years from now it may be pretty interesting to see the various collectors who had the book. Of course the label section of the slab may have to be increased in size to fit it all, or use teeny type.

But wait! We are in the computer age. A database containing this information. Can look it up online.

I am being a titch tongue in cheek but actually? It WOULD be an intriquiing thing.

well for the 100 books i'm about to sell, at least the buyers will know the "complete - albeit, short" history of the books. we may even have a little COA with the "story".

otherwise, i'm not sure about having anything else on the labels and am pretty neutral about the different colors for pedigrees. to each his own, i guess grin.gif

I'm all for anything that will have Burntboy reduce the size of his sig line image. frustrated.gif

your wish is my command.............. grin.gif

Thanks Red.......... thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

830161-sigline.jpg.2607c468f9c4c5b5638f4c51733153d0.jpg

I'm all for anything that will have Burntboy reduce the size of his sig line image. frustrated.gif

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

screwy.gif
Hi dork. hi.gif

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

screwy.gif
Hi dork. hi.gif
Wassup dinkette?

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

screwy.gif
Hi dork. hi.gif
Wassup dinkette?
Not a whole lot, you nancing prag. thumbsup2.gif

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

screwy.gif
Hi dork. hi.gif
Wassup dinkette?
Another date decided to go straight home? makepoint.gif Later trollette! hi.gif

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

screwy.gif
Hi dork. hi.gif
Wassup dinkette?
Another date decided to go straight home? makepoint.gif Later trollette! hi.gif
Not really, but you remember to use some lube on your hand or else you might get friction burn on yourself. flowerred.gif

I'm completely opposed to the idea. A run of a title in my collection will have pedigree and non-pedigree books interspersed. Different colors will break up the uniformity of appearance from having just one color.

Uh, Tim are you serious????

hey, we're all collectors so we have to be a bit anal, but you're scaring me here...... grin.gif

What do you mean? If you had row upon row of identical blue, you're telling me you could just sleep peacefully knowing that a different hued interloper had barged into your perfectly ordered little world, beckoning like some scarlet harlot? It wouldn't just gnaw away at you, like a steady drip drip drip drip drip drip drip on your forehead, slowly but surely eating away at your sanity? frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

gossip.gif Harry, don't pay him any mind. He's just uncomfortable handling anything larger than three inches.

yeahok.gif

830161-sigline.jpg

gossip.gif Harry, don't pay him any mind. He's just uncomfortable handling anything larger than three inches.

COMPLETE LIE, Red, , I mean this right here is more than 3 inches.

Uh, wait a minute, no it's not, never mind. hail.gif