• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is this artist?

7 posts in this topic

I looked at this the other day, didn't see anything.  This time as I was scrolling down, I saw something that made me say "Davis?"....so it does have that feel from layout to certain features surely.  I've only seen 'finished' pieces by him mostly so that's the only reason I am questioning that thought.

I saw it in the feet and the guy chomping on the leg. Looks like his shorthand technique. Davis had the ability to create FAST roughs. I had an art teacher who worked with him on a project. While they were talking about the idea over the phone, a fax arrived. He had sketched out the whole rough concept while they were on the phone and faxed it over while they talked. That's quick hands!

Edited by Darth Corgi

Faxes for art, those were the days

.  Wow, that is one cool story.  I saw it in the biting figure, the mouth's overall and the light wispy lines around the piece seem to have the right 'curve' so to speak.  I don't have a lot of posts but I've been around a bit for what it's worth. My money would be on Davis, but it's not my money so I'd ask professionals