• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've never known how to get into this subject, but here goes...
1 1

68 posts in this topic

The Legion of Super Heroes, by Grell and based on Cockrum's designs, was the Playboy Mansion of 70's comics.  My oldest brother got the '78 treasury edition off the stands and it caught my attention as an eight or nine year-old:  Saturn Girl, Dream Girl, Dawnstar, Triplicate Girl and Shrinking Violet.  If someone opens a LoSH-themed hot wings & beer joint right now, Hooters will go out of business before the end of the year.  Also in '78, I got dragged to see Grease with my parents.

image.png.1d83fea44c44869d8e963749b5be1b6e.png

On 11/1/2017 at 9:32 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

I agree!  Baroness for me! I always had a thing for the bad girls.  Kinda like the ones that got detention in school. lol

Baroness ranks right up there with Steranko's Madame Hydra! :idea:

59fb8d693732a_steranko_madame_hydra2.jpg.da16d756b778d1ce745cfa36960ed726.jpg

It appears that Cockrum and Grell's Bronze Age Legion of Super-Hot Super-Heroines is proving very popular indeed.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/1/2017 at 3:24 AM, ExNihilo said:

Jim Lee's Psylocke.  (And his Jean Grey.  And his Rogue.  And Storm.  Really just anything Jim Lee.)

gambit03.jpg

Mark Bagley, Mary Jane (from the 90's)

image.png.250c5d7e9a07cb4c0c363beec3714d07.png

(and non-comic wise)...April O'Neill

efe69d4d523189619f5e0cfd87f6c7cb.jpg

Can't believe Psylocke slipped to page 2 but yeah, I love me some Psylocke.  Beyond her looks and badass powers and outfit, something about that British Asian mix. 

23 hours ago, SuperZar said:

Absolutely gorgeous. His beautiful charcoal drawings of savage females captivated me as a young man and inspired me to experiment in the medium. 

Capture_zpsrkmcquwy.jpg

Wow - that is sensuous, erotic, etc.!!!

nm53RKtqcczp6.gif