• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay International Sale Gone Missing - Just Found Out Now - Buyer Speaks Spanish - Could Use some Translation Help Please
1 1

4 posts in this topic

First... this weekend something happened with an international sale that made me switch all my listings over to the Global Shipping Program.  What just happened now reaffirms my position.

Second... I do not blame the buyer or think that the buyer is out to scam me.  However the buyer speaks Spanish and while I do speak some Spanish it is not enough to convey a message properly.

Third... Hoping that this does not turn into a drama llama thread but if it does... why should Cal have all the fun?

Facts:

• Sold Lego Star Wars Set on September 29th to a buyer in Ecuador.
  • I shipped it on the same day on September 29th. (Yes I have tracking).
  • I took a screen shot of the tracking.
  • Item went through NY Processing by 9/29 Evening then on to Jamaica presumably to be shipped to Ecuador
  • Not so fast Lego Star Wars set.  You are going to Edgewater New Jersey where you will stay from October 1-3
  • I find out today on November 6th that the buyer never received their package because they left me negative feedback.
  • The buyer does not speak Spanish and Google Translate will not be able to help with the nuances and proper articulation of what is going on.  I have had to use Google Translate before in regards to work related instances and it is not completely reliable in conveying the right tone and message. 
  • I contacted eBay and they were as much help as you can imagine.
  • I put a missing package request in with USPS and await their reply.

I know this is asking a lot.  Could someone write me a message that I can send this buyer to let them know what is going on? 

And for the all the international buyers that are against the Global Shipping Program.  Had I shipped it to Kentucky it would be in eBay's hands at this point.  The buyer and myself would be made whole.  In the end I know that most likely the buyer will be made whole and I will be out the money spent on the item and shipping... $45.   However, I would like that neg taken away but would REALLY like the buyer to understand that this is not my direct fault and I am not some scummy seller trying to take advantage.  The buyer is pretty new on eBay

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

(Image was only edited / cropped to omit my personal information) 

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.35.09 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

First... this weekend something happened with an international sale that made me switch all my listings over to the Global Shipping Program.  What just happened now reaffirms my position.

Second... I do not blame the buyer or think that the buyer is out to scam me.  However the buyer speaks Spanish and while I do speak some Spanish it is not enough to convey a message properly.

Third... Hoping that this does not turn into a drama llama thread but if it does... why should Cal have all the fun?

Facts:

• Item went through NY Processing by 9/29 Evening then on to Jamaica presumably to be shipped to Ecuador
  • Not so fast Lego Star Wars set.  You are going to Edgewater New Jersey where you will stay from October 1-3
  • I find out today on November 6th that the buyer never received their package because they left me negative feedback.
  • The buyer does not speak Spanish and Google Translate will not be able to help with the nuances and proper articulation of what is going on.  I have had to use Google Translate before in regards to work related instances and it is not completely reliable in conveying the right tone and message. 

I know this is asking a lot.  Could someone write me a message that I can send this buyer to let them know what is going on? 

And for the all the international buyers that are against the Global Shipping Program.  Had I shipped it to Kentucky it would be in eBay's hands at this point.  The buyer and myself would be made whole.  In the end I know that most likely the buyer will be made whole and I will be out the money spent on the item and shipping... $45.   However, I would like that neg taken away but would REALLY like the buyer to understand that this is not my direct fault and I am not some scummy seller trying to take advantage.  The buyer is pretty new on eBay. 

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Facts:

And for the all the international buyers that are against the Global Shipping Program.  Had I shipped it to Kentucky it would be in eBay's hands at this point.  The buyer and myself would be made whole.  In the end I know that most likely the buyer will be made whole and I will be out the money spent on the item and shipping... $45.   However, I would like that neg taken away but would REALLY like the buyer to understand that this is not my direct fault and I am not some scummy seller trying to take advantage.  The buyer is pretty new on eBay. 

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

My wife speaks fluent Spanish. She's staying at our daughters this week as daughter is having health problems.

I can call and get this straightened out for you if you wish.

CAL who DOES have most of the fun around here, but sometimes IS the answer you are looking for....:cool:

Situation Resolved... 

It was realized that the postal code for Ecuador is 070203.  The zip code for Edgewater, New Jersey is 07020.  I want to emphasize that even though I printed the shipping label directly though eBay that for some reason the package was rejected at JFK International in Jamaica and rerouted to Edgewater, NJ because of the similarity of the numbers.  Once I put a tracking request on the parcel it might have sparked some action and it is on it's way to Ecuador.  

My message was translated by one of my coworkers as I mentioned it to her and by the time we went to send it to the eBay buyer, he had already noticed the package was in the Ecuador postal system. (It does not show that on my end but whatever.) 

The buyer cancelled the claim but the negative feedback had already been left.  

I called eBay and they took a look at it and removed the negative feedback as they said, I fulfilled all my obligations as a seller and the complaint was over an issue that had nothing to do with my performance as a seller. I found that interesting to note and thought I would repeat that here.