• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you feel CGC Pedigree Comics should have their own colour label?

Should CGC Pedigree comics have their own colour of label?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should CGC Pedigree comics have their own colour of label?

35 posts in this topic

I think it's a terrible idea and would only encourage the proliferation of "collections" we seen over the last couple of years...

Jim

I voted "no" cause I just don't see the value...reading a label is enough for me. I'd rather CGC have a strict stance on how the label is used. No need making a mess into a bigger mess.

Here's a concept: place the word "PEDIGREE" after the collection to denote pedigree status.

I just think Klitman is happy happy he made a thread people are actually responding too.

poke2.gif

Speaking of posting.

FD.. care to step up and take a swing?. see how the waters are.. you have been in the penalty box for what..? 28 days now.

So far you have traveled the high road as it should be.........Quietly

Well done thumbsup2.gif

I know you are out there... and if Kilty is still posting, let alone creating new threads. I think you are more then allowed to pop in and give a State of the Donut post.

Or not, up to you.

Ze-

Do you feel CGC Pedigree Comics should have their own colour label?

Let's say they get their own color label. Let's suppose orange.

What color label would you give a Mile High (Edgar Church) book that had professioanl color touch & pieces added, a coupon clipped, and a signature from the artist witnessed by a CGC-rep?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What colour of label does a restored comic that has a signature from the artist witnesses by a CGC-rep get anyways?

yes pedigree comics stand out from all other comics being that they are high grade unrestored and come from a particular owner or collection... they should stand out from the other graded comics.... with a diffeent color label

yes pedigree comics stand out from all other comics being that they are high grade unrestored and come from a particular owner or collection... they should stand out from the other graded comics.... with a diffeent color label

Hello Bluenote.

I agree that Pedigree comics should have a seperate label. I think Black with white writing would be great. The reason for me suggesting black is that it allows all the other colors on the comic cover to stand out individually. The inclusion of a brightly colored label may have the effect of washing out or overpowering other colors on the cover of your favourite "Pedigree" comic. The only thing going against it would be that CGC would have to invest in a white ink printer.

Just one point that I will correct you on is that not all "Pedigree" Comics are UNRESTORED. There are several slabbed copies out there with the restored label.

Regards.

Aussie Russ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i think Pedigress deserve their own label more than does the Signature Series.

Hello.

I completely agree.

Although I see a benefit in having the yellow "Signature" label, I feel that the potential collecting value of a Pedigree comic would outweigh the value of a signed edition.

Eg: I could see a nice Black labeled Pedigree run of a given comic in my collection but I can not really picture a full run of signature books.

Please note that I said in general. There are some signatures that I would love to own but overall I give more support to the "Pedigree" comics getting the Unique color label.

Regards,

Aussie Russ...