• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvels - Mostly SA/BA - Recap Page 1
2 2

289 posts in this topic

Giant Size Conan 2 9.4 white pages $25 very minor foxing BC. Extra newsstand copy – whitey, white all over.
GSConan2.jpg
GSConan2bc.jpg

Creatures on the Loose 22 copy a 5.5 ow/w pages $4.  STERANKO cover!  Wear/crease at URFC, distributor ink bottom edge of BC.
COTL22.jpg
COTL22bc.jpg

Creatures on the Loose 26 copy b 9.2 ow/w pages $10.  Shadow at Left edge FC.  I think this was sold to me as a 9.6, which structurally it is.
COTL26b.jpg
COTL26bbc.jpg

Creatures on the Loose 32 8.0+ OW pages $4.  Nice clean, straight copy, except for light spine roll.  Marvel Value Stamp is there!
COTL32b.jpg
COTL32bbc.jpg

Creatures on the Loose 37 4.5/5.0 OW pages, FREE with purchase!  Front cover of comic was used as a backer for some scribbling on another piece of paper – indents on cover. :news: claimed!!! :news: 
th_COTL37.jpg

Edited by lizards2

dawg wokkin time!

20 degrees fahrenheit this morning here - must get out before the mud thaws!

More carp later...., 

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Amazing Spider-Man 6  3.0/3.5 ow pages $300.  Spine roll, wear @ spine, creasing LLBC, teensy chip & “X” in ink @ URBC, NCBs front and back, thumbnails @ Lizard’s coat.  3” tear on interior page 12/13, but nothing missing.  Cover and centerfold are firmly attached to staples.  I asked several boardies for opinions on the grade of this book, because I predominantly collect in HG, and this is the best compilation of answers, which ranged from 3.0 to 4.0.

asm6.jpg

asm6bc.jpg

If you'll ship to the UK, I'll take this!

51 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

If you'll ship to the UK, I'll take this!

Yes - I ship internationally, so it is yours.

It will be interesting to see what the postage situation is, as I haven't shipped to the UK in a couple years.

3 minutes ago, wchung said:

Ill take it if still available..thanks

Avengers 13 CGC 8.5 OW/W $175.

It is yours!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It will be interesting to see what the postage situation is, as I haven't shipped to the UK in a couple years.

I think they're still using Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

I'll take the Captain Marvel 40 & claim the Loose Creatures 37 as well then, thanks!

12 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Using a mailer (which I think you hate), shipped 3 comics (under 1 lb) for $20.50 to UK.  Removed two of the backing boards though, and included a layer of bubble wrap around books.

2 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:
13 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I think they're still using Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

I'll take the Captain Marvel 40 & claim the Loose Creatures 37 as well then, thanks!

lol Loose Creatures...., I like it.  The sales on that title would have been through the roof if they had named it that!

1 minute ago, grebal said:
14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Using a mailer (which I think you hate), shipped 3 comics (under 1 lb) for $20.50 to UK.  Removed two of the backing boards though, and included a layer of bubble wrap around books.

Yeah - postage is what it is in the world we live in.  I do try to ship economically, but like to box ship to give the best possible outcome for safe arrival.  Those mailers aren't great, but if you augment them with some oversized cardboard, they are OK.