• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 129 grade and value?

9 posts in this topic

I figure I’d ask the experts here that are knowledgeable about this particular book. These are the best pics I can provide. Any idea on grade and value? I’m not sure how much the ink marks and spot on back cover hurts the book. Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated. 

8ADAD54C-3ED6-4ED8-9508-2EBEEAD608AF.jpeg

F19FBF70-60E5-4968-9F6A-C6753B1D4ED8.jpeg

7E3B5006-E32F-4A27-A630-AF5466344A77.jpeg

It's hard to tell but I'd put it at 8.5/8.0. 

I don't really see any spine ticks, the corners on right front top and bottom look a little rounded, top front side might have slight bend, the only major thing is it looks to have a bit of a spine roll.... @jhkunc

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Tag

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's hard to tell but I'd put it at 8.5/8.0. 

I don't really see any spine ticks, the corners on right front top and bottom look a little rounded, top front side might have slight bend, the only major thing is it looks to have a bit of a spine roll.... @jhkunc

What about the pen marks? How does that affect grades? I’m more used to sports cards so I still a novice when it comes to how things affect grades on Comics. lol 

14 minutes ago, jhkunc said:

What about the pen marks? How does that affect grades? I’m more used to sports cards so I still a novice when it comes to how things affect grades on Comics. lol 

I would consider it minimal at this point, at 8.5/8.0 it's already at a grade that it wouldn't make much difference.... maybe 7.5 at lowest, you'd do better scanning or at least pics out of the bag. 

To answer your question.... I don't know or am not sure how to "quantify" that as far as what it counts off, it's more of a gut reaction.... I believe it's pretty forgivable after it gets out of the 9's, and it's not a name or a Sig so it won't come back green label or anything....

Super book! Very hard to grade accurately through the bag. Hard to tell what's going on at the top of back cover... stain, scuff etc? With that plus the pen and ink marks & spine wear, I'll throw out a guess of 6.5 give or take. Nice one!

1 hour ago, cookie1963 said:

looking at the pics like everyone said hard to tell with her still in the bag.  hard to see the edges and any marks on the book. 

+1

Given the very limited info we have here, hard to put a "buy-in" price on it, but for the sake of argument:

GPA says slabbed blue label copies are around $550-600 for CGC 5.0-6.0, and $681 for CGC 6.5. Without much better pics I'd guesstimate it around that range.

To cover myself in case of grade 'surprises' and weighing the ink marks on the back, and factoring in the time and cost of slabbing, I don't see any reason to break $500 for this copy raw, unless the seller will guarantee a grade range from CGC.