• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Feige Says Marvel Has 20 Movies Planned After Avengers 4!

49 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

No one though thought Guardians of the Galaxy was cool either. Imagine if 10 years ago I came on this board and said I think Guardians of the Galaxy movies would outgross Batman vs. Superman and Justice League at the box office? People would have done this to me. :screwy:

everyone thinks that Marvel/Disney somehow made GOTG cool. Those who read the Lanning/Abnett series from 2008 know that a lot of what they did came from this series. I think of GOTG as the exception and not the rule. Look at Luke Cage, Iron Fist and even Jessica Jones.

They made a mistake with Daredevil (it should be a movie series)

1 hour ago, revat said:

You're right I forgot about Strange, even easier to get there.  As for villains, I think Black Widow can be a straight up spy story, no need to fight a super powered villain.   But in general, it seems like they're already out of good villains

I think that the split rights issues hurt the Marvel movies with so many good villains out of bounds since they are FF, or X-Men, or Spider-Man universe.  I need me some Kang vs Avengers. Dr Doom/Dr Strange Triumph & Torment. 

I agree about Black Widow. If they do smaller character driven genre stories they could do just fine but they seem intent on doing blockbusters. Black Widow is more a tv Defenders character but ScoJo being involved makes her big time. The lack of special effects in her power use might be one reason we have not seen her solo movie, they want the big fights.

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

let's be honest about the movies without the main characters. Have they been good? I personally could never watch antman, doctor strange etc

Antman was good. I am looking forward to Black Panther. This last Thor was pretty groovy with its' What if Jack Kirby designed Sakaar. I thought Iron Man 2 and 3 were tough watches and even some of #1. Cap 1 was good, 2 okay.

I thought Feige's comment about a finite end was a bit off as that X-Men movie that rebooted everything seemed a good completion of the X-Men movies, even though they were nowhere near as well planned out as the Marvel movies.

This one would be the huge if he ever made a Marvel movie appearance.

Miracleman_1_Preview_3-600x911.jpg

e94841d4402a82598f1c98c3515a5ac3_xl.jpg

COMIC-CON 2017: WHEN WILL MIRACLEMAN RETURN AT MARVEL?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/23/comic-con-2017-when-will-miracleman-return-at-marvel

Since Miracleman came to Marvel in 2009, many of the original stories by Anglo and Moore have been reprinted, but with Moore credited as “The Original Writer” per his request

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

What people are not reading into this I think is the big three(Captain America,Thor and Iron Man} are most likely done after Marvel Phase 3.

I am trying to come up with who the replacements will be for Marvel Phase 4.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur