• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do value tier comics stay in "graded" status for so long?

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why value tier comics stay in graded status for so long? My current shipment has been in graded status for over 10 days now.  Modern books move along at a steady clip currently IMO but value tier is taking over 3 months and counting. Anyone else experiencing this situation?

The word "value" alone should imply some sort of sacrifice when it comes to returns. 

The CGC lists the current turnaround times for the value tier at 60 business days. Cut that wait in half if you pay for fast track. They advertise the times for modern submissions at 27 business days. Once again, fast track cuts that time in half.

Since the wait time is clearly advertised, I'm not sure why you are surprised.

Also, the books can stay in graded for a long time, then suddenly go to finalization and off to shipping in the same day. It's nothing unusual.

That being said, I think the value tier is the most nonsensical of them all. They should just eliminate it altogether IMHO.