• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Widow ?

8 posts in this topic

I read on yahoo today that they might kill her off like they did in the comics. Yahoo said she is dead and never came back ?. I have not read current comics since you cant buy them off the newsstands anymore is this true is she dead and what copy did that happen in. Yes I know this should be in general but I forgot :tonofbricks:

Edited by woowoo

Is she dead in current comics? Shrug I have no idea and I doubt anyone in the golden age forum will know either. Even if she is it is another terrible idea by Marvel.

Never kill off characters that sell your comic books.

Never kill off characters that are currently active and alive in your movie franchises...it is confusing to those new readers you are trying to acquire.

Perhaps I am just bitter/ annoyed as the top 4 comics I purchased over the last 5 years from Marvel: Hulk, Wolverine, Thor and Black Widow.

Hulk - Dead

Wolverine - Dead

Thor - a woman now

Black Widow - ??? is she dead?

Great way to make me have a smaller pull list Marvel. Thanks for saving me money.

Edited by Artboy99

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Is she dead in current comics? Shrug I have no idea and I doubt anyone in the golden age forum will know either. Even if she is it is another terrible idea by Marvel.

Never kill off characters that are currently active and alive in your movie franchises...it is confusing to those new readers you are trying to acquire.

Perhaps I am just bitter/ annoyed as the top 4 comics I purchased over the last 5 years from Marvel: Hulk, Wolverine, Thor and Black Widow.

Hulk - Dead

Wolverine - Dead

Thor - a woman now

Great way to make me have a smaller pull list Marvel. Thanks for saving me money.

Both Dead ? what issue that in.

11 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Both Dead ? what issue that in.

Hulk - Civil War 2 issue 3. Hawkeye put an arrow into Bruce banner. The Hulk "persona" is currently on the teenage boy Amadeus Cho and i personally don't care. Great jump off point

Wolverine - In his own title and followed "3 Months to Live". Currently X-23 has donned the Wolverine mantle and I personally don't care. Great jump off point

There is also a current "abomination" called Weapon H that is some kind of blend of the Hulk and Wolverine. I have not read it.

4 hours ago, woowoo said:

I read on yahoo today that they might kill her off like they did in the comics. Yahoo said she is dead and never came back ?. I have not read current comics since you cant buy them off the newsstands anymore is this true is she dead and what copy did that happen in. Yes I know this should be in general but I forgot :tonofbricks:

After 50 years or more, the Marvel Universe has become an impossibly tangled web. Oh for the simple days of yesteryear.

You made me curious, so I checked out Wikipedia.

So far as it shows, the original Black Widow, Natasha Romanova, is still alive and kicking, unless I missed something in all the various plotlines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Natasha_Romanova)

And the one who died is a later avatar I never heard of called Monica Chang-Fury

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Marvel_Comics)

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Hulk - Dead

Wolverine - Dead

Thor - a woman now

Wolverine dead? And say it ain't so... Hulk dead? Man, where have I been living? Hard to have a Marvel universe missing characters like that dead. I knew there was another reason not to read moderns...

28 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

After 50 years or more, the Marvel Universe has become an impossibly tangled web. Oh for the simple days of yesteryear.

You made me curious, so I checked out Wikipedia.

So far as it shows, the original Black Widow, Natasha Romanova, is still alive and kicking, unless I missed something in all the various plotlines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Natasha_Romanova)

And the one who died is a later avatar I never heard of called Monica Chang-Fury

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Marvel_Comics)

Yahoo saying Black Widow dead

pahttps://www.yahoo.com/news/scarlett-johansson-leaves-avengers-let-195400043.htmlge