• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few questions about my Bats 222....

17 posts in this topic

I recently picked up this copy of Batman 222 off eBay after it was purchased, and returned, by a fellow board member. The auction stated it was in "9.2 territory", but I bid knowing this was mere puffery. Here is the book. What grade would you guys give it? I paid about $36; do you think I should sent it back? This is a notoriously tough issue to find in decent shape and sells for WAY over guide when it does turn up.

Please note the light foxing on the bottom and top edges of the back cover. It does not extend into the interior. Also, please note that there is writing on the interior of the back cover. The original owner's name and address to be exact.

I would appreciate all of your learned opinions. Thanks in advance. flowerred.gif

bats222.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

bats222back.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Keep it...it has pretty good centering, and I've seen too many copies with detached staples. Looks 8.5-ish, and the back cover defects wouldn't bother me. The price was right for the grade such that you shouldn't have a problem getting $40 for it if you upgrade. thumbsup2.gif

It's going back. As soon as I opened the book the bottom staple popped from the cover. It was holding on by a thread, if at all. [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!]. frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

I passed on another nice copy on eBay cause of this piece of craaap. DAMMIT!!

It's going back. As soon as I opened the book the bottom staple popped from the cover. It was holding on by a thread, if at all. [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!] [#@$%!!!]. frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Whoa, I must've hexed you with the comment!?!? 893whatthe.gif

I bought the Oakland copy of this book from Vinnie right after he picked up the collection, and subsequently had to return it for a popped staple. Sorta wish I kept it as this defect is so common on these books (early 70's DC's) that I'm getting desensitized to them. frown.gif

Ooops...

"7.0 territory"

Tisk, tisk...

Just look how fast territoral prices depreciate.

foreheadslap.gif

Whoa, I must've hexed you with the comment!?!? 893whatthe.gif

I bought the Oakland copy of this book from Vinnie right after he picked up the collection, and subsequently had to return it for a popped staple. Sorta wish I kept it as this defect is so common on these books (early 70's DC's) that I'm getting desensitized to them. frown.gif

Seriously! You jinxed me. 27_laughing.gif I wouldn't care, but there was a REALLY solid copy that went for the same price right after this one, and this book is so hard to find in nice shape for a reasonable price. mad.gif

This is the SECOND copy I have had to send back in as many months due to lower staple pops.

Someone contacted me through my blog and offered me $200 for my copy -- CGC 9.0

Batman222.jpg

I wasn't looking to sell, but it is a tempting offer...

(BTW, the "flaw" with my book is a non-colorbreaking spinner rack bend... otherwise I'm sure it would be 9.2/9.4 territory. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

Here is the one I passed up. It looks friggin perfect from the scans. I am not happy right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

Have you bought anything off that seller previously? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, but the buyer of that book actually saw this thread and emailed me about it. He said the book is pretty nice and would be an 8.5 or better. Christo_pull_hair.gif He also wanted me to post the book in the grading forum for him, since he was thinking of submitting it and isn't able to join the boards for some reason. confused-smiley-013.gif Haven't heard back yet...

No, but the buyer of that book actually saw this thread and emailed me about it. He said the book is pretty nice and would be an 8.5 or better. Christo_pull_hair.gif He also wanted me to post the book in the grading forum for him, since he was thinking of submitting it and isn't able to join the boards for some reason. confused-smiley-013.gif Haven't heard back yet...

Good to hear about the seller. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And if he (the buyer) is lurking, you may need to turn off your firewall (I have probs posting sometimes due to mine) or it could be a problem with your browser's cookie settings or it could be a problem with your email account(s) (when registering). Depends on which stage of registering/posting you are at.

Good to hear about the seller. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And if he (the buyer) is lurking, you may need to turn off your firewall (I have probs posting sometimes due to mine) or it could be a problem with your browser's cookie settings or it could be a problem with your email account(s) (when registering). Depends on which stage of registering/posting you are at.

Why? Did you recently pick some stuff up from the seller? Check your PM.

Weird is right about the firewall thing. I had the same problem through Norton.