• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chris Evans is a good guy!
1 1

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Seems like he’s not the only one based on the La times story I posted above

oh what a world we live in. So quick to rush in and save the day

I'm a bit lost as to what your point it in your post attacking Mr. Evans and the other people that reached out to a child that was being bullied.  It appears that you find fault in them doing that because of what the mother allegedly posted on Facebook account.  I guess you seek to paint the 11 year old child with some sort of broad brush and therefore he shouldn't have anyone providing comfort or something like that.  (shrug) Not the way I'd go but to each their own.

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Well it does reflect on him. He clearly didn’t realize who he was defending. Seems pretty dumb to me not get the whole story on why the kid was being bullied to begin with. 

Yes, Mr. Evans.  He was defending a child being bullied, wasn't he?  Your post above attacks him for doing that.

Edited by Lucky Baru

Should we judge the kid based on the sins/views of his parents?  Should we judge the quick reaction of a celebrity who was just trying to do a good thing for a kid rather than to pre-emptively do a background check of the mother and the situation to determine if it would ultimately make him look bad?  True charity is blind and thankless and no good deed goes unpunished.  When you decide to give you accept the risk along with the reward, especially if you publicize it.  Rarely is anything just black and white once you dig deeper.

Just read the article and watched the video. The kid was being bullied because of the way he looks.  It doesn't appear that the parent's political views were the reason the kid was being bullied and should have no bearing on how one should feel or change their response to anyone being bullied like that.  Even if that was the reason he was being bullied, wouldn't this be a great opportunity for someone like Chris Evans and others to bring everyone together help educate and provide a better example for this kid and maybe his parents?  Turn an awkward situation into something better hopefully?  The irony is now both the mom and kid are now being bullied online for her personal views.  What do I know, I'll go back to try doing whatever it is they pay me for around here now.

Edited by justafan
irony

I didn’t get the vibe that anyone is “attacking” Chris. I’m sure we can all agree what Chris (and a few other celebs) did was remarkable and this kid did deserve that uplifting gesture.

However the history of the mother does put a twist on the story, and that also deserves to be reported and acknowledged. Should it take away from the kid? No, it shouldn’t...but it seemingly already has. And perhaps has been prior to this in an unconscious way. Standing up against bullies takes strength and courage, we all know that, but I get the sense there is more going on here. I even did from the video. 

Edited by punksdropdirtysrh

1 hour ago, justafan said:

Should we judge the kid based on the sins/views of his parents?  Should we judge the quick reaction of a celebrity who was just trying to do a good thing for a kid rather than to pre-emptively do a background check of the mother and the situation to determine if it would ultimately make him look bad?  True charity is blind and thankless and no good deed goes unpunished.  When you decide to give you accept the risk along with the reward, especially if you publicize it.  Rarely is anything just black and white once you dig deeper.

Just read the article and watched the video. The kid was being bullied because of the way he looks.  It doesn't appear that the parent's political views were the reason the kid was being bullied and should have no bearing on how one should feel or change their response to anyone being bullied like that.  Even if that was the reason he was being bullied, wouldn't this be a great opportunity for someone like Chris Evans and others to bring everyone together help educate and provide a better example for this kid and maybe his parents?  Turn an awkward situation into something better hopefully?  The irony is now both the mom and kid are now being bullied online for her personal views.  What do I know, I'll go back to try doing whatever it is they pay me for around here now.

Good post.  It should be about the kid, not the sins of the parents.  Hopefully the experience will be educational for his mother as many of those that came forward to support her son are of various ethnic groups.